In this work tight binding calculations in Be δ-doped GaAs quantum wells with an electric field applied along the  growth direction are presented. The Stark shifts of the hole electronic states for different impurity concentrations and electric field strengths are calculated. The δ-potential is treated as an external potential following the approach described earlier. A comparison with Stark effects in rectangular and graded-gap quantum wells is made.
2. Richards, D., J. Wagner, H. Schneider, G. Hendorfer, and M. Maier, "Two-dimensional hole gas and Fermi-edge singularity in Be δ-doped GaAs," Phys. Rev. B, Vol. 47, 9629-9640, 1993.
3. Sipahi, G. M., R. Enderlein, L. M. R. Scolfaro, and J. R. Leite, "Band structure of holes in p-type δ-doping quantum wells and superlattices," Phys. Rev. B, Vol. 53, 9930-9942, 1996.
4. Ben Jazia, A., H. Mejri, H. Maaref, and K. Souissi, "Stark effect studied in δ-doped GaAs structures," Semicond. Sci. Technol., Vol. 12, 1388-1395, 1997.
5. Vlaev, S. and L. M. Gaggero Sager, "Thomas-Fermi approximation in a tight-binding calculation of δ-doped quantum wells in GaAs," Phys. Rev. B, Vol. 58, 1142-1145, 1998.
6. Ozturk, E. and I. Sokmen, "Intersubband optical absorption in Si δ-doped GaAs for the donor distribution and thickness as dependent on the applied electric field," EPJ Appl. Phys., Vol. 25, 3-9, 2004.
7. Osvald, J., "Electronic properties of a near surface Si δ-doped GaAs under an applied electric field," J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys., Vol. 37, 2655-2659, 2004.
8. Gaggero-Sager, L. M., M. E. Mora-Ramos, and M. A. Olivares-Robles, "Calculation of electronic properties in AlxGa1-xAs delta-doped systems," Microelectronics J., Vol. 36, 416-418, 2005.
9. Singh, J., Physics of Semiconductors and Heterostructures, McGraw-Hill Book Co., Inc., Singapore, 1993.
10. Di Carlo, A., P. Vogl, and W. Potz, "Theory of Zener tunneling and Wannier-Stark states in semiconductors," Phys. Rev. B, Vol. 50, 8358-8377, 1994.
11. Vlaev, S. J., A. M. Miteva, D. A. Contreras-Solorio, and V. R. Velasco, "Stark effect in rectangular and graded gap quantum wells," Surf. Sci., Vol. 424, 331-338, 1999.
12. Vlaev, S. J., A. M. Miteva, D. A. Contreras-Solorio, and V. R. Velasco, "Stark effect in diffused quantum wells," Superlat. Microstruct., Vol. 26, 325-332, 1999.
13. Vlaev, S., V. R. Velasco, and F. Garcia-Moliner, "Electronic states in graded-composition heterostructures," Phys. Rev. B, Vol. 49, 11222-11229, 1994.
14. Boykin, T. B., G. Klimeck, R. Ch. Bowen, and R. Lake, "Effective-mass reproducibility of the nearest-neighbor sp3s* models: Analytic results," Phys. Rev. B, Vol. 56, 4102-4107, 1997.