Research of antenna Radar Cross Section (RCS) is very important for low observable platform. Aperture coupled microstrip antenna is fit for the low RCS antenna design because the feed network produce less effect on scattering of microstrip patch. A novel aperture coupled microstrip antenna is proposed, which utilizes the chip-resistor load, ground slot and miniaturization, to realize RCS reduction. Aperture coupled antenna with rectangular patch is chosen as the reference antenna. Two antennas are simulated and measured. The measured results show that the designed antenna realizes only 0.5 dB gain loss while RCS are reduced in almost all the frequency band.
2. Liu, Y., D. Fu, and S. Gong, "A novel model for analyzing the radar cross section of microstrip antenna," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Application, Vol. 17, No. 9, 1301-1310, 2003.
3. Cui, G., Y. Liu, and S. Gong, "A novel fractal patch antenna with low RCS," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Application, Vol. 21, No. 15, 2403-2411, 2007.
4. Yuan, H.-W., S.-X. Gong, X. Wang, and W.-T. Wang, "Scattering analysis of a printed dipole antenna using PBG structures," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 1, 189-195, 2008.
5. Wu, T., Y. Li, S. -X. Gong, and Y. Liu, "A novel low RCS microstrip antenna using aperture coupled microstrip dipoles," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Application, Vol. 22, 953-963, 2008.
6. Li, Y., Y. Liu, and S. Gong, "Microstrip antenna using ground-cut slots and miniaturization techniques with low RCS," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 1, 211-220, 2008.
7. Liu, Y. and S. Gong, "A novel UWB clover-disc monopole antenna with RCS reduction," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Application, Vol. 22, 1115-1121, 2008.
8. Pozar, D. M., "Radiation and scattering from a microstrip patch on a uniaxial substrate," IEEE Trans. A ntennas Propag., Vol. AP-35, No. 6, 613-621, 1987.
9. Song, Y. and A. R. Sebak, "Radiation pattern of aperture coupled prolate hemispheroidal dielectric resonator antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 58, 115-133, 2006.
10. Jazi, M. N., Z. H. Firouzeh, H. Mirmohammad-Sadeghi, and G. Askari, "Design and implementation of aperture coupled microstrip IFF antenna," PIERS Online, Vol. 4, No. 1, 1-5, 2008.
11. Hassani, H. R. and M. Jahanbakht, "Method of moment analysis of finite phased array of aperture coupled circular microstrip patch antennas," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 14, 197-210, 2008.
12. Khodae, G. F., J. Nourinia, and C. Ghobadi, "A practical miniaturized U-slot patch antenna with enhanced bandwidth," Progress In Electromagnetic Research B, Vol. 3, 47-62, 2008.