A set of scalar differential equations for treating scattering by rotationally symmetric radially inhomogeneous anisotropic sphere is presented. These equations may easily be treated by applying the integral equation method that has been developed. Besides a possible different expansion in a Neumann series is also discussed.
2. Cui, T. J., C. H. Liang, and W. Wiesbeck, "Closed-form solutions for one-dimensional inhomogeneous anisotropic medium in a special case — Part I: Direct scattering problem," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 45, 936-941, June 1997.
3. Grzegorczyk, T. M., X. Chen, J. Pacheco, Jr., J. Chen, B.-I. Wu, and J. A. Kong, "Reflection coefficients and Goos-Hanchen shifts in anisotropic and bianisotropic left-handed metamaterials," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 51, 83-113, 2005.
4. Li, C., Q. Sui, and F. Li, "Complex guided wave solutions of grounded dielectric slab made of metamaterials," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 51, 187-195, 2005.
5. Sihvola, A., "Character of surface plasmons in layered spherical structures," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 62, 317-331, 2006.
6. Lindell, I. V., "The class of bi-anisotropie IB-media," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 57, 1-18, 2006.
7. Hussain, W., "Asymptotic analysis of a line source diffraction by a perfectly conducting half-plane in a bi-isotropic medium," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 58, 271-283, 2006.
8. Li, K. and Y.-L. Lu, "Exact formulas for the lateral electromagnetic pulses from a horizontal electric dipole on the boundary between a isotropic medium and one-dimensionally anisotropic medium," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 60, 43-83, 2006.
9. Eroglu, A. and J. K. Lee, "Wave propagation and dispersion characteristics for a nonreciprocal electrically gyrotropic medium," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 62, 237-260, 2006.
10. Liu, S.-H., C.-H. Liang, W. Ding, L. Chen, and W.-T. Pan, "Electromagnetic wave propagation through a slab waveguide of uniaxially anisotropic dispersive metamaterial," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 76, 467-475, 2007.
11. Eroglu, A. and J. K. Lee, "Simplified formulation of dyadic Green's functions and their duality relations for general anisotropic media," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 77, 391-408, 2007.
12. Srivastava, R., S. Pati, and S. P. Ojha, "Enhancemen t of omnidirectional reflection in photonic crystal heterostructures," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 1, 197-208, 2008.
13. Ding, W., L. Chen, and C.-H. Liang, "Numerical study of Goos-Hanchen shift on the surface of anisotropic left-handed materials," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 2, 151-164, 2008.
14. Tuz, V. R., "Three-dimensional Gaussian beam scattering from a periodic sequence of bi-isotropic and material layers," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 7, 53-73, 2008.
15. Lagarkov, A. N., V. N. Kisel, and V. N. Semenenko, "Wideangle absorption by the use of a metamaterial plate," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 1, 35-44, 2008.
16. Zheng, Q., F. Xie, B. Yao, and W. Cai, "Hybrid CT-BEM method analysis of unscreened slab lines," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 2, 29-36, 2008.
17. Geng, Y.-L., X.-B. Wu, L.-W. Li, and B.-R. Guan, "Electromagnetic scattering by an inhomogeneous plasma anisotropic sphere of multilayers," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 53, No. 12, 3982-3989, 2005.
18. Lin, Z. and S. T. Chui, "Electromagnetic scattering by optically anisotropic magnetic particle," Physical Review E, Vol. 69, 056614, 2004.
19. Liu, S. and Z. Lin, "Opening up complete photonic bandgaps in three-dimensional photonic crystals consisting of biaxial dielectric spheres ," Physical Review E, Vol. 73, 066609, 2006.
20. Fikioris, G., P. G. Cottis, and A. D. Panagopoulos, "On an integral related to biaxially anisotropic media," J. Comp. Appl. Math., Vol. 146, No. 2, 343-360, Sep. 2002.
21. Kokkorakis, G. C. and J. G. Fikioris, "EM field induced in inhomogeneous dielectric spheres by external sources ," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 55, No. 11, 3478-3490, 2007.
22. Kokkorakis, G. C., "A unified approach to acoustic fields induced in inhomogeneous spheres by external sources," Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 312, 496-508, 2008.
23. Roth, J. and M. J. Dignam, "Scattering and extinction cross sections for a spherical particle coated with an oriented molecular layer," Journal of the Optical Society of America, Vol. 63, No. 3, 308-311, 1973.
24. Sodha, M. S. and A. K. Ghatak, Inhomogeneous Optical Waveguides, Plenum Press, New York, 1977.
25. Kokkorakis, G. C., J. G. Fikioris, and G. J. Fikioris, "Field induced in inhomogeneous spheres by external sources I. The scalar case," J. Acoust. Soc. America, Vol. 112, No. 4, 1297-1306, 2002.
26. Kokkorakis, G. C. and J. G. Fikioris, "Acoustic field induced in spheres with inhomogeneous density by external sources," J. Acoust. Soc. America, Vol. 115, No. 2, 478-487, 2004.
27. Chew, W. C., Waves and Fields in Inhomogeneous Media, Van Nostrand Reinhold, New York, 1990.
28. Flugge, S., Practical Quantum Mechanics I, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1971.
29. Watson, G. N., A Treatise on the Theory of Bessel Functions, 2nd Ed., Cambridge University Press, Cambridge,England, 1958.