Main intension is to calculate admittance and radiation pattern of longitudinal shunt slot in rectangular waveguide using Method of Moments (MoM) technique. Resonant length calculation of the slot is a critical parameter in the design of waveguide slot array antenna. All computed results are compared with simulated results. CST Microwave studio is used for the simulation and is totally based on FIT techniques. For computation purpose MATLAB 7.0 is used. The numerical data on transmission and reflection coefficient are evaluated. Method of moment solution is used to calculate resonant length versus slot offset for given waveguide dimension and frequency. E and H field radiation pattern are calculated for different offset in different frequencies.
2. Stevenson, A. F., "Theory of slots in rectangular waveguides," J. Appl. Phys., Vol. 19, 24-38, Jan. 1948.
3. Khac, T. B., "A study of some slot discontinuities in rectangular waveguides," Ph.D. dissertation, Monash University, Australia, Nov. 1974.
4. Lyon, R. W. and A. J. Sangster, "Efficient moment method analysis of radiating slots in a thick walled rectangular waveguide," Proc. Inst. Elec. Eng., Vol. 128, Pt. H, No. 4, 197-205, Aug. 1981.
5. Stegen, R. J., "Longitudinal shunt slot characteristics," Hughes Tech. Memo., 261, Nov. 1971.
6. Raju, G. S. N., Investigation on slot coupled junctions and radiating slots, Ph.D. dissertation, Department of Electronics & Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, 1987.
7. Harrington, R. F., Field Computation by Moment Methods, MacMillan, New York, 1968.
8. Elliott, R. S., Antenna Theory and Design, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1981.
9. Stern, G. J. and R. S. Elliot, "Resonant length of longitudinal slots and validity of circuit representation: Theory and experiment," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 33, 1264-1271, Nov. 1985.
10. Young, J. C., J. Hirokawa, and M. Ando, "Analysis of a rectangular waveguide, edge slot array with finite wall thickness," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 55, No. 3, 812-818, Mar. 2007.
11. Das, S. and A. Chakrabarty, "A novel modeling technique to solve a class of rectangular waveguide based circuit and radiator," Progress In Electromagnetic Research, Vol. 61, 231-252, 2006.
12. Tiwari, A. K., D. R. Poddar, and B. N. Das, "On the equivalent radius of a radiating slot in impedance calculation," Progress In Electromagnetic Research, Vol. 74, 47-56, 2007.
13. Khalaj-Amirhosseini, M., "Analysis of longitudinally inhomogeneous waveguides using the method of moments," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 74, 57-67, 2007.
14. Das, S., A. Chakrabarty, and A. Chakraborty, "Characteristics of an offset longitudinal/transverse slot coupled crossed waveguide junction using multiple cavity modeling technique considering the TE00 mode at the slot aperture ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 67, 297-316, 2007.
15. Park, J. K., J. N. Lee, D. H. Shin, and H. J. Eom, "A full-wave analysis of a coaxial waveguide slot bridge using the Fourier transform technique ," J. of Electromagn. Waves and Appl., Vol. 20, No. 2, 143-158, 2006.
16. Khalaj-Amirhosseini, M., "Analysis of longitudinally inhomogeneous waveguides using the Fourier series expansion," J. of Electromagn. Waves and Appl., Vol. 20, No. 10, 1299-1310, 2006.