This paper proposes two methods for increasing the Gain of Vlasov Antenna. The first method, using a Parabolic Cylinder Reflector, results in a 7dB increase in the Gain. The second method, constructing a Horn on the aperture, increases the Gain by about 5dB. The results were checked using a prototype antenna and there was a close agreement.
2. Sealy, P.J. and R.J.V ernon, "Low-power investigation of TE0n and TM0n mode Vlasov launchers," IEEE, Vol. 2, 950-953, Jan. 1989.
3. Cheng, D. K., Field and Wave Electromagnetics, Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, Inc., 1989.
4. Ling, G.S. and C.W. Yuan, "Design of a Vlasov antenna with reflector," Int. J. Electronics, Vol. 9, No. 4, 253-258, Apr.2004.
5. Braunstein, J., K.Connor, S.Salon, L.Lib elo, and C.D.Sc hlesiger, "Analysis of flared end Vlasov type antenna: Comparison of 2D finite element analysis with experiment," IEEE, Vol. 30, No. 5, 3120-3123, Sept. 1994.
6. Dahlstrom, R.K., L.G.Ruth, and L.F.Lib elo, "Reflector design for an X-band Vlasov antenna," IEEE AP-S Symp., 968-971, 1990.