A compact three-layer shared-aperture dual-band dual-polarised sub-array operating in L/C-band is designed for application in synthetic aperture radar (SAR). Square, aperture-coupled patches in the C-band and a square, perforated L-band patch are combined on the top layer. They are fed from behind the ground plane by a combined feed system. Combined layers of patches and feed layers results in a highly compact antenna suitable for low weight applications such as space borne synthetic aperture radars (SAR).
2. Pokuls, R., J. Uher, and D. M. Pozar, "Dual-frequency and dualpolarization microstrip antennas for SAR applications," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagation, Vol. 46, 1289-1296, 1998.
3. Pozar, D. M. and S. D. Targonski, "A shared-aperture dualband dual-polarised microstrip array," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagation, Vol. 49, 150-157, 2001.
4. Shafai, L., W. Chamma, G. Seguin, and N. Sultan, Dualband dual-polarised array for spaceborne SAR, IEEE Antennas Propagation Symposium, 1866-1869, 1997.
5. Targonski, S. D. and D. M. Pozar, "A dual-band dual-polarised printed antenna element," Electron. Letters, Vol. 34, 2193-2194, 1998.
6. Vetharatnam, G., B. K. Chung, and H. T. Chuah, "Combined feed network for a shared-aperture dual-band dual-polarized array," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 4, 297-299, 2005.
7. Qu, X., S. S. Zhong, and Y. M. Zhang, "Dual-band dual-polarised microstrip antenna array for SAR applications," Electron. Letters, Vol. 42, No. 24, 1376-1377, 2006.
8. Cheng, D., "A dual-band dual-polarization microstrip antenna array," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 18, No. 5, 663-674, 2004.