A dual-band enhanced-bandwidth microstrip antenna is presented with a frequency separation of f2/f1=1.33. In order to achieve the dual-frequency operation, a rectangular patch is loaded with a stub at one of its radiating edges. To improve bandwidth at each band, two parasitic patches are coupled to the driven element.
2. Lee, C. S., V. Nalbandian, and F. Schwering, "Planar dualband microstrip antenna," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 43, No. 8, 892-894, 1995.
3. Daniel, A. E. and G. Kumar, "Tuneable dual and triple stub loaded," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 48, No. 7, 1026-1039, 2000.
4. Wang, B. F. and Y. T. Lo, "Microstrip antennas for dual-frequency operation," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 32, 938-943, 1984.
5. Anguera, J., G. Font, C. Puente, C. Borja, and J. Soler, "Multifrequency microstrip patch antenna using multiple stacked elements," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Component Letters, Vol. 13, No. 3, 2003.
6. Wang, Y. J. and C. K. Lee, "Design of dual-frequency microstrip patch antennas and application for IMT-2000 mobile handsets," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 36, 265-278, 2002.
7. Luk, K. M., C. H. Lai, and K. F. Lee, "Wideband L-probe-fed patch antenna with dualband operation for GSM/PCS base stations," Electron. Lett., Vol. 35, 1123-1124, 1999.
8. Tang, C. L., C. W. Chiou, and C. W. Chiou, "Broadband dual-frequency V-shape patch antenna," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 25, 121-123, 2000.
9. Anguera, J., C. Puente, C. Borja, N. Delbene, and J. Soler, "Dual frequency broadband stacked microstrip patch antenna," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propag. Letters, Vol. 2, 36-39, 2003.
10. Anguera, J., E. Martínez, C. Puente, C. Borja, and J. Soler, "Broadband dual-frequency microstrip patch antenna with modified Sierpinski fractal geometry," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 52, No. 1, 66-73, 2004.
11. Anguera, J., C. Puente, C. Borja, and J. Soler, "Dual-frequency broadband-stacked microstrip antenna using a reactive loading and a fractal-shaped radiating edge," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propag. Letters, Vol. 6, 309-312, 2007.
12. Wong, K. L., Compact and Broadband Microstrip Antennas, Wiley Series in Microwave and Optical Engineering, Vol. 4, 2002.
13. Kumar, G. and K. P. Ray, Broadband Microstrip Antennas, Vol. 7, Artech House, 2003.
14. Anguera, J., C. Puente, and C. Borja, "Procedure to design electromagnetically coupled microstrip patch antennas based on a simple network model," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 30, No. 3, 149-151, 2001.
15. Anguera, J., "Fractal and broadband techniques on miniature, multifrequency, and high-directivity microstrip patch antennas,", Ph.D. Dissertation at the Dept. of Signal Theory and Communications, Universitat Politµecnica de Catalunya, 2003.