In this article, a novel microstrip-line fed monopole dual band-notched antenna with tapered slot for UWB applications is presented. The tapered slot, making the antenna have a scissors-like shape, is taken into account to enhance the wideband characteristics. In addition, the dual notched bands, from 3.3 to 3.7 GHz and from 5.15 to 5.85 GHz, are achieved by inserting slots on the ground plane and adding circle arc stubs on the radiating patch. Details of the antenna design are described, a theoretical and experimental investigation of the antenna is given as well.
2. Kim, K.-H. and S.-O. Park, "Analysis of the small band-rejected antenna with the parasitic strip for UWB," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 54, No. 6, 1688-1692, 2006.
3. Chung, K., J. Kim, and J. Choi, "Wideband microstrip-fed monopole antenna having frequency band-notched function," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 15, No. 11, 766-768, 2005.
4. Kim, K.-H., Y.-J. Cho, S.-H. Hwang, and S.-O. Park, "Bandnotched UWB planar monopole antenna with two parasitic patches," Electronics Letters, Vol. 41, No. 14, 783-785, 2005.
5. Alshehri, A. A., A. R. Sebak, and T. A. Denidni, "Printed ultra-wideband elliptical antenna with a frequency-band notch function," Microwave Opt. Technol. Letters, Vol. 51, 860-864, 2009.
6. Gao, G.-P., J.-S. Zhang, and T. Jin, "Printed ultra-wide band microstrip-line fed slot antenna with a band-notched function," Microwave Opt. Technol. Letters, Vol. 51, 1573-1576, 2009.
7. Krishna, D. D., M. Gopikrishna, C. K. Aanandan, P. Mohanan, and K. Vasudevan, "Ultra-wideband slot antenna with band-notch characteristics for wireless USB dongle applications," Microwave Opt. Technol. Letters, Vol. 51, 1500-1504, 2009.
8. Ren, W., Z. G. Shi, and K. S. Chen, "Novel planar monopole UWB antenna with 5-GHz band-notched characteristic," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Application, Vol. 21, No. 12, 1645-1652, 2007.
9. Zhang, G.-M., J.-S. Hong, and B.-Z. Wang, "Two novel band-notched UWB slot antennas FED by microstrip line," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 78, 209-218, 2008.
10. Fallahi, R., A. A. Kalteh, and M. G. Roozbahani, "A novel UWB elliptical slot antenna with band-notched characteristics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 82, 127-136, 2008.
11. Chu, Q.-X. and Y.-Y. Yang, "3.5/5.5 GHz dual band-notch ultra-wideband antenna," Electronics Letters, Vol. 44, 172-174, 2008.
12. Powell, J., "Antenna design for ultra wideband radio,", MSc Thesis, Massachusetts Institute of Thechnology, Cambridge, MA, 2004.
13. Cho, Y. J., K. H. Kim, D. H. Choi, S. S. Lee, and S.-O. Park, "A miniature UWB planar monopole antenna with 5-GHz band-rejection filter and the time-domain characteristics," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 54, No. 5, 1453-1460, 2006.