Novel configurations of complementary split ring resonator (CSRR) with dual mesh-shaped couplings and defected ground structures (DGS) are introduced to design the high performance of wide pass-band and stop-band band pass filters (BPF). This paper presents a low insertion loss (-0.82 dB), symmetry and sharper transmission zero level (-51.88 dB), using effective DGS and alternative coupling for CSRR. The filter with center frequency at 1.92 GHz, pass-band from 1.21 GHz to 3.05 GHz (BW = 95.8%) and wider stop-band (extended to 4.2f0 below -20 dB rejection level) is designed and fabricated. Simulation and measured results including surface current distributions and frequency responses are presented and discussed.
2., "Ultra wide band pass filters (UWBPF) based on complementary split rings resonators," Microwave Opt. Tech. Lett., Vol. 46, No. 3, 283-286, 2005.
3. Bonache, J., F. Martin, F. Falcone, J. D. Baena, T. Lopetegi, J. Garcia, M. A. G. Laso, I. Gil, A. Marcotegui, R. Marques, and M. Sorolla, "Application of complementary split-ring resonators to the design of compact narrow band-pass structures in microstrip technology," Microwave Opt. Tech. Lett., Vol. 46, No. 5, 508-512, 2005.
4. Baena, J. D., J. Bonache, F. Martin, R. M. Sillero, F. Falcone, T. Lopetegi, M. A. G. Laso, J. Garcia, I. Gil, M. F. Portillo, and M. Sorolla, "Equivalent-circuit models for split-ring resonators and complementary split-ring resonators coupled to planar transmission lines," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 53, No. 4, 1451-1461, 2005.
5. Bonache, J., I. Gil, J. Garcia, and F. Martin, "Novel microstrip bandpass ¯lters based on complementary split-ring resonators," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 54, No. 11, 265-271, 2006.
6. Mondal, P., M. K. Mandal, A. Chaktabarty, and v, "Compact bandpass fiwith wide controllable fractional ," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 16, No. 10, 540-542, 2006.
7. Wu, H. W., Y. K. Su, M. H. Weng, and C. Y. Hung, "A compact narrow-band microstrip bandpass filter with a complementary split-ring resonator," Microwave Opt. Tech. Lett., Vol. 48, No. 10, 2103-2106, 2006.
8. Wu, H. W., M. H. Wang, Y. K. Su, R. Y. Yang, and C. Y. Hung, "Accurate equivalent circuit for etched resonator with effective negative permittivity," Microwave Opt. Tech. Lett., Vol. 49, No. 1, 231-234, 2007.
9. Wu, H. W., M. H. Wang, Y. K. Su, R. Y. Yang, and C. Y. Hung, "Propagation characteristics of complementary split-ring resonator for wide bandgap enhancement in microstrip bandpass filter," Microwave Opt. Tech. Lett., Vol. 49, No. 2, 292-295, 2007.
10. Zhang, X. C., Z. Y. Yu, and J. Xu, "Novel band-pass substrate integrated waveguide (SIW) filter based on complementary split ring resonators (CSRRS)," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 72, 39-46, 2007.
11. Wu, G. L., W. Mu, X. W. Dai, and Y. C. Jiao, "Design of novel dual-band bandpass filter with microstrip meander-loop resonator and CSRR DGS," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 78, 17-24, 2008.
12. Garcia, J., F. Martin, F. Falcone, J. Bonache, J. D. Baena, I. Gil, E. Amat, T. Lopetegi, M. A. G. Laso, J. A. M. Iturmendi, M. Sorolla, and R., "Microwave filters with improved stopband based on sub-wavelength resonators," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 53, No. 6, 1997-2006, 2005.
13. Zhang, J., B. Cui, S. Lin, and X.-W. Sun, "Sharp-rejection low-pass filter with controllable transmission zero using complemen-tary split ring resonators (CSRRS)," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 69, 219-226, 2007.
14. Niu, J. X. and X. L. Zhou, "Analysis of balanced composite right/left handed structure based on different dimensions of complementary split ring resonators," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 74, 341-351, 2007.
15. Shi, J., J. X. Chen, and Q. Xue, "A quasi-elliptic function dual-band bandpass filter stacking spiral-shaped cpw defected ground structure and back-side coupled strip lines," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 17, No. 6, 430-432, 2007.
16. Maddah-Ali, M., H. D. Oskouei, and K. Forooraghi, "A compact branch-line coupler using defected ground structures," Microwave Opt. Tech. Lett., Vol. 50, No. 6, 386-389, 2008.
17. Kuan, H. and H. Y. Pan, "Design of a dual-mode bandpass filter with wide stopband performance for GPS application," Microwave Opt. Tech. Lett., Vol. 50, No. 6, 445-447, 2008.
18. Zeland Software Inc., IE3D version 10.0, , 2005.