a small tapered slot antenna with a notched band for wireless applications is proposed in this paper. A modified transition from microstrip to slotline is used to introduce a notched band from 4.90 to 6.34 GHz. Corrugated edges on the ground is also used to improve the radiation patterns at the lower frequency band. Relatively stable radiation patterns and consistent group delay except the notched band have been obtained as proved experimentally.
2. Ray, K. P. and Y. Ranga, "Ultrawideband printed elliptical monopole antennas," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 55, No. 4, 1189-1192, 2007.
3. Dastranj, A., A. Imani, and M. Naser-Moghaddasi, "Printed wide-slot antenna for wideband applications," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 56, No. 10, 3097-3012, 2008.
4. Liu, W. C. and F. M. Yeh, "Compact dual-and wide-band CPW-fed slot antenna for wireless applications," Microw. Opt. Tech. Lett., Vol. 50, No. 3, 574-575, 2008.
5. Yao, Y., W. H. Chen, B. Huang, and Z. H. Feng, "Novel planar tapered-slot-fed UWB antenna," Microw. Opt. Tech. Lett., Vol. 50, No. 9, 2280-2283, 2008.
6. Xu, H. Y., H. Zhang, and J. Wang, "Study on an UWB planar tapered slot antenna with gratings," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 1, 87-93, 2008.
7. Fallahi, R., A. A. Kalteh, and M. G. Roozbahani, "A novel UWB elliptical slot antenna with band-notched characteristics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 82, 127-136, 2008.
8. Naghshvarian-Jahromi, M., "Compact UWB bandnotch antenna with transmission-line-fed," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 3, 283-293, 2008.
9. Zhang, Y., W. Hong, C. Yu, Z. Q. Kuai, Y. D. Don, and J. Y. Zhou, "Planar utrawideband antenna with multiple notched bands based on etched slots on the patch and/or split ring resonators on the feed line," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 56, No. 9, 3063-3068, 2008.
10. Sim, C. Y. D., W. T. Chung, and C. H. Lee, "A circular-disc monopole antenna with band-rejection function for ultrawideband application," Microw. Opt. Tech. Lett., Vol. 51, No. 6, 1607-1613, 2009.
11. H. J., B. H. Sun, Q. Z. Liu, J. Y. Deng, Implementation and investigation of U-shaped aperture UWB antenna with dual band-notched characteristics, "Zhou," Electron. Lett., Vol. 44, No. 24, 1387-1388, 2008.
12. Yoon, I. J., H. Kim, H. K. Yoon, Y. J. Yoon, and Y. H. Kim, "Ultra-wideband tapered slot antenna with band cutoff characteristic," Electron. Lett., Vol. 41, No. 11, 629-630, 2005.
13. Janaswamy, R. and D. H. Schaubert, "Analysis of the tapered slot antennas," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 35, No. 9, 1058-1065, 1987.
14. Sugawara, S., Y. Maita, K. Adachi, K. Mori, and K. Mizuno, "A MM-wave tapered slot antenna with improved radiation pattern," IEEE MTT-S Dig., Vol. 2, 959-962, 1997.
15. Chen, N. W. and C. T. Chuang, "A W-band linear tapered slot antenna on rectangular-grooved silicon substrate," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 6, 90-92, 2007.