Miter bend mirror has been designed for microwave transmission between two corrugated waveguides of the same size by iterative phase correction method. Geometrical Optics (GO) approximation has been used in our design at a frequency of 110 GHz. The equivalence principle is also adopted to forward-propagate and backward-propagate the beam onto the miter-bend mirror. The designed miter bend mirror shows a coupling coefficient up to 99.619%, much better than that of a flat mirror. The convergence rate shows that the design is very efficient with only a few iterations required.
2. Takahashi, K., N. Kobayashi, A. Kasugai, and K. Sakamoto, "Design and development of EC H&CD antenna mirrors for ITER," Fusion Engineering and Design, Vol. 81, 281-287, 2006.
3. Callis, R. W., J. L. Doane, H. J. Grunloh, K. Kajiwara, A. Kasugai, C. P. Moeller, Y. Oda, R. A. Olstad, K. Sakamoto, and K. Takahashi, "Design and testing of ITER ECH&CD transmission line components," Fusion Engineering and Design, Vol. 84, 526-529, 2009.
4. Olstad, R. A., J. L. Doane, and C. P. Moeller, "ECH MW-level CW transmission line components suitable for IT," Fusion Engineering and Design, Vol. 7, 331-33, 2005.
5. Olver, A. D., P. J. B. Clarricoats, A. A. Kishk, and L. Shafai, "Microwave horns and feeds," IEE Electromagnetic Waves Series 39, 1994.
6. Clarricoats, P. J. B. and A. D. Olver, "Corrugated horns for microwave antennas," IEE Electromagnetic Waves Series 39, 1984.
7. Clarricoats, P. J. B., P. K. Saha, and M. Tech, "Propagation and radiation behavior of corrugated feeds," IEE Proceedings, Vol. 118, No. 9, 1971.
8. Liao, S. L. and R. J. Vernon, "Sub-THz beam-shaping mirror designs for quasi-optical mode converter in high-power gyrotrons," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 4, 425-439, 2007.
9. Liao, S. and R. J. Vernon, "A fast algorithm for computation of electromagnetic wave propagation in half-space," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 57, No. 7, 2009.
10. Balanis, C. A., Advanced Engineering Electromagnetics, John Wiley & Son's Inc., 1989.
11. Hashimoto, M., "Geometrical optics of guided waves in waveguides," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 13, 115-147, 1996.