In this paper a new planar monopole antenna is presented. The performance parameters like return loss of the single antenna as well as transmission function, group delay, and the fidelity factor of a two-antenna system are calculated. The radiator is eye-shaped, and it can be used in dipole or monopole configurations. Good ultra wide band performance is achieved. Small size, simple design requirements and good performance are among the most advantageous features of this new of planar antennas.
2. Ma, T.-G. and S.-K. Jeng, "A printed dipole antenna with tapered slot feed for ultrawide-band applications," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagation, Vol. 53, No. 11, November 2005.
3. Ammann, M. J. and Z. N. Chen, "Wideband monopole antennas for multi-band wireless systems," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, Vol. 45, No. 2, 146-150, April 2003.
4. Rudge, A. W., K. Milne, A. D. Olver, and P. Knight, The Handbook of Antenna Design, Vol. 2, Peter Peregrinus Ltd., London, UK, 1982.
5. Lu, G., S. von der Mark, I. Korisch, L. J. Greenstein, and P. Spasojevic, "Diamond and rounded diamond antennas for ultrawide-band com-munications," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 3, 249-252, 2004.
6. Agrawall, N. P., G. Kumar, and K. P. Ray, "Wide-band planar monopole antennas," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagation, Vol. 46, No. 2, 294-295, February 1998.
7. Chen, Z. N., "Experiments on input impedance of tilted planar monopole antenna," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 26, No. 3, 202-204, August 5, 2000.
8. Alipour, A. and H. R. Hassani, "A novel omni-directional UWB monopole antenna," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagation, Vol. 56, No. 12, December 2008.
9. Ammann, M. J., "Square planar monopole antenna," IEE National Conference on Antennas and Propagation, 37-40, March 30-April 1, 1999.
10. Lin, C.-C., Y.-C. Kuo, and H.-R. Chuang, "A planar triangular monopole antenna for UWB communication," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 15, No. 10, October 2005.
11. Liang, J., C. C. Chiau, X. Chen, and C. G. Parini, "Printed circular disc monopole antenna for ultra-wideband applications," Electronics Letters, Vol. 40, No. 20, September 30, 2004.
12. Chen, Z. N. and Y. W. M. Chia, "Impedance characteristics of trapezoidal planar monopole antennas," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 27, No. 2, 120-122, October 20, 2000.
13., CST Microwave Studio Suite r HF Design and Analysis [Online]. Available: www.cst.com.
14., HFSS, High-frequency Structure Simulator Ver. 10, Finiteelement Package, Ansoft Corporation.
15. Su, S.-W., K.-L.Wong, and F.-S. Chang, Compact printed bandnotched ultra-wideband slot antenna, 2005 IEEE Int. Antennas Propagate. Symp., Vol. 43, 572-575, July 2005.
16. Mehdipour, A., K. Mohammadpour-Aghdam, and R. Faraji-Dana, "Complete dispersion analysis of vivaldi antenna for ultrawideband applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 77, 85-96, 2007.
17. Montoya, T. P. and G. S. Smith, "A study of pulse radiation from several broad-band loaded monopole," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagation, Vol. 44, 1172-1182, 1996.
18. Akhoondzadeh-Asl, L., M. Fardis, A. Abolghasemi, and G. Dadashzadeh, "Frequency and time domain characteristic of a novel notch frequency UWB antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 80, 337-348, 2008.