Based on a new concept, i.e., charge moment tensor and the rotational equation of a charged dielectric rigid body about a fixed-point under a uniform external magnetic field, one symmetrical case has been rigorously solved. The rotational stability has been analyzed in detail for two cases, general and symmetrical, respectively, by means of some techniques of matrix analysis.
2. Zhou, G.-Q. and W.-J. Zhou, "The magnetic-moment quadric and conditions of vanishing magnetic moment for a rotational charged body," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 70, 211-223, 2007.
3. Zhou, G.-Q., "Several rules about the magnetic moment of rotational charged bodies," PIERS Online, Vol. 3, No. 6, 812-816, The Electromagnetics Academy, Cambridge, 2007.
4. Zhou, G.-Q. and C. Guan, "Charge moment tensor and its application to a rotational charged rigid body in a uniform magnetic field," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 22, 2179-2190, 2008.
5. Zhou, G.-Q. and X. Xiao, "Dynamical problem of a rotational charged dielectric rigid body in a uniform magnetic field," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 1, 229-240, 2008.
6. Krasheninnikov, S. I., V. I. Shevchenko, and P. K. Shukla, "Spinning of charged dust particle in a magnetized plasma," Physics Letter A, Vol. 361, 133-135, 2007.
7. Kroh, H. J. and B. U. Felderhof, "Lorentz torque on a charged sphere rotating in a dielectric fluid in the presence of a uniform magnetic field," Phys. Rev. E, Vol. 62, No. 4, 7309-7314, 2000.
8. Dolinsky, Y. and T. Elperin, "Rotation of the leaky dielectric particle in a rotating electric field," Phys. Rev. E, Vol. 75, 026611, 2007.
9. Tchernyi, V. V. and A. Y. Pospelov, "Possible electromagnetic nature of the Saturn's rings: Superconductivity and magnetic levitation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 52, 277-299, 2005.
10. Dmtriev, V., "Tables of the second rank constitutive tensors for linear homogeneous media described by point magnetic groups of symmetry," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 28, 43-95, 2000.
11. Landau, L. D. and E. M. Lifshitz, Electrodynamics of Continuous Media, Pergamon Press, Oxford, 1984.
12. Jackson, J. D., Classical Electrodynamics, John Wiley & Sons Inc., New York, 1962.
13. Liu, J.-P., Electrodynamics, Higher Education Press, Beijing, 2004 (in Chinese).
14. Zhou, Y.-B., Theoretical Mechanics, People's Education Press, Beijing, 1974.