A compact dual-band power divider for GSM/DCS applications is proposed in this letter. Novel planar artificial transmission lines are applied to miniaturize the power divider and achieve wideband response. The proposed dual-band power divider is about 37% of conventional one. The design principle, simulated and measured results are all discussed. The measured results show that good performance can be achieved at the operation frequencies.
2. Oraizi, H. and M. S. Esfahlan, "Miniaturization of Wilkinson power dividers by using defected ground structures," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 4, 113-120, 2008.
3. Fan, F., Z. Yan, and J. Jiang, "Design of a novel compact power divider with harmonic suppression," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 5, 151-157, 2008.
4. Shamsinejad, S., M. Soleimani, and N. Komjani, "Novel miniaturized Wilkinson power divider for 3G mobile receivers," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 3, 9-16, 2008.
5. Cheng, K.-M. and F.-L. Wong, "A new Wilkinson power divider design for dual band application," IEEE Microwave Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 17, 664-666, September 2007.
6. Park, M.-J. and B. Lee, "A dual-band wilkinson power divider," IEEE Microwave Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 18, 85-87, February 2008.
7. Wu, L., H. Yilmaz, T. Bitzer, and A. P. M. Berroth, "A dual-frequency Wilkinson power divider: For a frequency and its first harmonic," IEEE Microwave Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 15, 107-109, February 2005.
8. Wang, C.-W., T.-G. Ma, and C.-F. Yang, "A new planar artificial transmission line and its applications to a miniaturized butler matrix ," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 55, 2792-2801, December 2007.
9. Wang, C.-W., T.-G. Ma, and C. -F. Yang, "Miniaturized branch-line coupler with harmonic suppression for RFID applications using artificial transmission lines," IEEE MTT-S Int. Microwave Symp. Dig., 29-32, June 2007.