Stealth characteristic of two dimensional cylinder plasma envelopes is studied. Three cases about plasma refraction effect, reflection characteristic and attenuation by absorbing electromagnetic wave (EMW) are concerned synthetically. As for plasma refraction stealth, EMW traces equation in cylinder plasma is deduced; a novel concept of plasma refraction deviation angle is presented; the relation between refraction deviation angle and incidence angle of EMW is yielded; the relation between refraction deviation angle and plasma density distribution is made out. As for reflection stealth and attenuation stealth, reflection calculation of multi-layer plasma is presented first, and plasma collision frequency as well as corresponding collision absorption is taken into account simultaneously, then EMW reflectivity with double-path attenuation is obtained. It is shown that cylinder plasma envelopes considering the three cases above could make distinct stealth.
2. Gregoire, D. J., J. Santoru, and R. W. Schumacher, Electromagnetic wave propagation in unmagnetized plasmas, AD-A250710, 1992.
3. Laroussi, M., "Numerical calculation of the reflection, absorption, and transmission of microwaves by a nonuniform plasma slab," IEEE Trans. on Plasma Science, Vol. 21, No. 4, 366-372, 1993.
4. Hu, B. J., G. Wei, and S. L. Lai, "SMM analysis of reflection, absorption, and transmission from nonuniform magnetized plasma slab," IEEE Trans. on Plasma Science, Vol. 27, No. 4, 1131-1135, 1999.
5. Petrin, A. B., "Nonlinear interaction of microwave and plane magnetoactive plasma layer," IEEE Trans. on Plasma Science, Vol. 26, No. 2, 150-158, 1998.
6. Petrin, A. B., "On the transmission of microwaves through plasma layer," IEEE Trans. on Plasma Science, Vol. 28, No. 3, 1000-1008, 2000.
7. Petrin, A. B., "Transmission of microwaves through magnetoactive plasma," IEEE Trans. on Plasma Science, Vol. 29, No. 3, 471-478, 2001.
8. Liu, S. B., J. J. Mo, and N. C. Yuan, "The electromagnetic wave paths and applications of inhomogeneous plasma spheres," Chinese Journal of Radio Science, Vol. 17, No. 2, 134-138, 2002 (in Chinese).
9. Mo, J. J., S. B. Liu, and N. C. Yuan, "Study on basic theory for plasma stealth," Modern Radar, Vol. 22, No. 3, 9-12, 2002 (in Chinese).
10. Tang, D. L., et al., "Interaction of electromagnetic waves with a magnetized nonuniform plasma slab," IEEE Trans. on Plasma Science, Vol. 31, No. 3, 405-410, 2003.
11. Qian, Z. H., R.-S. Chen, K. W. Leung, and H. W. Yang, "FDTD analysis of microstrip patch antenna covered by plasma sheath," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 52, 173-183, 2005.
12. Huang, S. J. and F. Li, "Time domain analysis of electromagnetic pulse propagation in magnetized plasma using Z transforms," High Power Laser and Particle Beams, Vol. 17, No. 1, 109-112, 2005 (in Chinese).
13. Zou, W., et al., "Refractive index of HPM at transionospereric propagation," High Power Laser and Particle Beams, Vol. 18, No. 10, 1673-1676, 2006 (in Chinese).
14. Lindell, I. V. and A. H. Sihvola, "Reflection and transmission of waves at the interface of perfect eltromagnetic conductor (PEMC)," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 5, 169-183, 2008.
15. Ma, L.-X., H. Zhang, and C.-X. Zhang, "Analysis on the reflection characteristic of electromagnetic wave incidence in closed non-magnetized plasma ," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 22, No. 17--18, 2285-2296, 2008.