This paper addresses the problem of direction of arrival and time delay estimation, and derives multi-invariance MUSIC (MI-MUSIC) algorithm therein. The proposed MI-MUSIC, which only requires one-dimension searching, can avoid the high computational cost within two-dimension MUSIC (2D-MUSIC) algorithm. It means that MI-MUSIC algorithm has better performance than that of ESPRIT and MUSIC, and also can be viewed as a generalization of MUSIC. Simulation results verify the usefulness of our algorithm.
2. Belouchrani, A. and S. Aouada, "Maximum likelihood joint angle and delay estimation in unknown noise fields," 2003 IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, Vol. 5, 265-268, 2003.
3. Vanderveen, M. C., C. B. Papadias, and A. Paulraj, "Joint angle and delay estimation (JADE) for multipath signals arriving at an antenna array," IEEE Communications Letters, Vol. 1, No. 1, 12-14, 1997.
4. Wang, Y. Y., J. T. Chen, and W. H. Fang, "TST-MUSIC for joint DOA-delay estimation," IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing, Vol. 49, No. 4, 721-729, 2001.
5. Van Der Veen, A.-J., M. C. Vanderveen, and A. J. Paulraj, "Joint angle and delay estimation using shift-invariance properties," IEEE Signal Processing Letters, Vol. 4, No. 5, 142-145, May 1997.
6. Picheral, J. and U. Spagnolini, "Angle and delay estimation of space-time channels for TD-CDMA systems," IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, Vol. 3, No. 3, 758-769, 2004.
7. Jiang, H., X. Sun, and X. Yan, "Joint 2-D angle and delay estimation for multipath channel using fourth-order cumulants," 4th International Conference on Wireless Communications Networking and Mobile Computing, 1-4, Oct. 2008.
8. Zhang, X. and D. Xu, "Blind joint angle and delay estimation for uniform circular array," Journal on Communication, Vol. 27, No. 12, 55-60, 2006.
9. Li, W., W. Yao, and P. J. Duffett-Smith, "Comparative study of joint TOA/DOA estimation techniques for mobile positioning applications," 6th IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference, 1-5, Jan. 10-13, 2009.
10. Wong, K. T. and M. D. Zoltowski, "Self-initiating MUSIC-based direction finding and polarization estimation in spatio-polarizational beamspace," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 48, No. 8, 1235-1245, Aug. 2000.
11. Swindlehurst, A. L., P. Stoica, and M. Jansson, "Exploiting arrays with multiple invariances using MUSIC and MODE," IEEE Trans. Signal Processing, Vol. 49, No. 11, 2511-2521, 2001.