In this paper, the potential use of split ring resonators (SRRs) to design very compact dual-band bandstop waveguide filters is proposed. Two square SRRs are placed on a same transverse plane realizing two independent reject bands. By adjusting the SRRs length, the stopbands can be targeted at the desired frequencies. In addition, a simple circuit model for this resonator is introduced. Good agreement between the experimental and full-wave simulated results has been achieved.
2. Jitha, B., C. S. Nimisha, C. K. Aanandan, P. Mohanan, and K. Vasudevan, "SRR loaded waveguide band rejection filter with adjustable bandwidth," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 48, No. 7, 2006.
3. Fallahzadeh, S., H. Bahrami, and M. Tayarani, "A very compact bandstop waveguide filter," Microwave Symposium Digest, 2009.
4. Kehn, M. N. M., O. Quevedo-Teruel, and E. Rajo-Iglesias, "Split ring resonator loaded waveguides with multiple stopbands," Electronics Letters, Vol. 44, No. 12, June 2008.
5. Yim, H.-Y. A. and K.-K. M. Cheng, "Novel dual-band planar resonator and admittance inverter for filter design and applications," IEEE MTT-S Int. Microwave Symp., Session THIF: Interactive Forum, June 2005.
6. Han, S., X.-L. Wang, and Y. Fan, "Analysis and design of multiple-band bandstop filters," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 70, 297-306, 2007.
7. Uchida, H., H. Kamino, K. Totani, N. Yoneda, M. Miyazaki, Y. Konishi, S. Makino, J. Hirokawa, and M. Ando, "Dual-band-rejection filter for distortion reduction in RF transmitters," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 52, No. 11, 2550-2551, Nov. 2004.
8. Fan, J.-W., C.-H. Liang, and X.-W. Dai, "Design of cross-coupled dual-band filter with equal-length split-ring resonators," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 75, 285-293, 2007.