The thermostability and density of water-salt solutions of DNA, irradiated by non thermal coherent millimeter electromagnetic waves with frequency 64.5 GHz have been investigated using the methods of spectrophotometry and densitometry. It is shown that the thermostability of DNA and density of its solutions are increased, depending on time of irradiation. It is expected that under the influence of millimeter electromagnetic radiation the hydration of DNA and ions of Na+ that are present in solution decrease. As a result, the physicochemical characteristics of DNA are changed.
2. Babayan, Y. S. and J. V. Garibyan, "Structural features of DNA from sarcoma-45 tumor," Biofizika, Vol. 35, 592-596, 1990.
3. Babayan, Y. S., P. O. Vardevanyan, J. V. Garibyan, S. G. Harutiunyan, L. L. Kulaga, and V. M. Aslanyan, "Application of melting method in revealing distinctions DNA from normal and tumor tissue," Biofizika, Vol. 29, 313-314, 1984.
4. Behe, M. and G. Felsenfeld, "Effects of methylation on a synthetic polynucleotide: The B → Z transition in poly (dG-m5C)," Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. USA, Vol. 78, 1619-1623, 1981.
5. Belyaev, I. Y., V. S. Shcheglov, Y. D. Alipov, and V. A. Polunin, "Resonance effect of millimeter waves in the power range from 1019 to 3•103 W/cm2 on Escherichia coli cells at different concentrations," Bioelectromagnetics, Vol. 17, 312-321, 1996.
6. Devjatkov, N. D., M. B. Golant, and O. V. Betskii, "Millimeter waves and their role during ability to live," Radio i Svyaz', Nauka, Moscow, 1991.
7. Fesenko, E. E. and A. Y. Gluvstejn, "Changes in the state of water, induced by radiofrequency electromagnetic fields," FEBS Letters, Vol. 367, 53-55, 1995.
8. Makar, V. R., M. K. Logani, A. Bhanushali, M. Kataoka, and M. C. Ziskin, "Effect of millimeter waves on natural killer cell activation," Bioelectromagnetics, Vol. 26, 10-19, 2005.
9. Minasyan, S. M., G. Y. Grigoryan, S. G. Saakyan, A. A. Akhumyan, and V. P. Kalantaryan, "Effects of the action of microwave-frequency electromagnetic radiation on the spike activity of neurons in the supraoptic nucleus of the hypothalamus in rats," Neuroscience and Behavioral Physiology, Vol. 37, No. 2, 175-180, USA, Feb. 2007.
10. Partha, M. D. and S. Rakesh, "DNA methylation and cancer," Clinical Oncology, Vol. 22, 4632-4642, 2004.
11. Petrosyan, V. I., N. I. Sinitsin, V. A. Elkin, N. D. Devyatkov, J. V. Gulyayev, O. V. Betskii, L. A. Lisenkova, and A. I. Gulyayev, "Role of resonance molecular-wave processes in the nature and their use for the control and corrections of a condition of ecological systems," Biomeditsinskaya Radioelectronica, No. 5-6, 62-105, 2001.
12. Safronova, V. G., A. B. Gapeev, A. A. Alovskaya, A. G. Gabdulhakova, N. K. Chemeris, and E. E. Fesenko, "Millimeter waves are inhibits cynergic effect ring of ionophore A23187 and phorbolic esters an ether in activation of respiratory explosion of neutrophil," Biofizika, Vol. 42, No. 6, 1267-1273, Jun. 1997.
13. Tadevosyan, H., V. P. Kalantaryan, and A. H. Trchounian, "Extremely high frequency electromagnetic radiation enforces bacterial effects of inhibitors and antiobiotics," Cell Biochemestry & Biophysics, Vol. 51, No. 2-3, 97-103, Jul. 2008.
14. Vardevanyan, P. O., A. P. Antonyan, A. T. Karapetian, and G. A. Manukian, "Ethidium bromide interaction peculiarities with DNA," Exp. and Molec. Medicine, Vol. 33, 205-208, 2001.