This paper presents a fast and effective electromagnetic reconstruction algorithm with phaseless data under weak scattering conditions. The proposed algorithm is based on the phaseless data multiplicative regularized contrast sources inversion method (PD-MRCSI). We recast the weak scattering problem as an optimization problem in terms of the undetermined contrast and contrast sources. Using the conjugate gradient iterative method, the problem is solved by alternately updating the contrast sources and the contrast. Additionally, this method can combine with the PD-MRCSI method. Taking advantage of the properties of fast convergence of this algorithm and stable convergence of PD-MRCSI method, the combined technique makes image reconstructions more fast and effective. Although the method is derived from weak scattering situation, it is also useful for the case which weak scattering approximation is not satisfied. The synthetic numerical reconstruction results, as well as experimental reconstruction results, presented that the proposed method is a very fast and effective reconstruction algorithm.
2. Zhang, Z. Q. and Q. H. Liu, "Two nonlinear inverse methods for electromagnetic induction measurements," IEEE Trans. Geosci. Remote Sens., Vol. 39, 1331-1339, 2001.
3. Van den Berg, P. M. and R. E. Kleinman, "A contrast source inversion method," Inverse Problems, Vol. 13, 1607-1620, 1997.
4. Abubakar, A., T. M. Habashy, and P. M. van den Berg, "Nonlinear inversion of multi-frequency microwave Fresnel data using the multiplicative regularized contrast source inversion," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 62, 193-201, 2006.
5. Abubakar, A., P. M. van den Berg, and S. Y. Semenov, "A robust iterative method for born inversion," IEEE Trans. Geosci. Remote Sens., Vol. 42, 342-354, 2004.
6. Abubakar, A., P. M. van den Berg, and S. Y. Semenov, "Two- and three-dimensional algorithms for microwave imaging and inverse scattering ," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 17, No. 2, 209-231, 2003.
7. Crocco, L. and T. Isernia, "Inverse scattering with real data: Detecting and imaging homogeneous dielectric objects," Inverse Problems, Vol. 17, 1573-1583, 2001.
8. Torresverdin, C. and T. M. Habashy, "Rapid 2.5-dimensional forward modeling and inversion via a new nonlinear scattering approximation," Radio Sci., Vol. 29, 1051-1079, 1994.
9. Zhdanov, M. and G. Hursan, "3D electromagnetic inversion based on quasi-analytical approximation," Inverse Problems, Vol. 16, 1297-1322, 2000.
10. Guo, B., Y. Wang, J. Li, P. Stoica, and R. Wu, "Microwave imaging via adaptive beamforming methods for breast cancer detection," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 1, 53-63, 2006.
11. Karanasiou, I. S., N. K. Uzunoglu, and A. Garetsos, "Electro-magnetic analysis of a non-invasive 3D passive microwave imaging system," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 18, No. 3, 379-380, 2004.
12. Franceschini, G., M. Donelli, D. Franceschini, M. Benedetti, P. Rocca, and A. Massa, "Microwave imaging from amplitude-only data-advantages and open problems of a two-step multi-resolution strategy ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 83, 397-412, 2008.
13. Zhou, H., T. Takenaka, J. Johnson, and T. Tanaka, "A breast imaging model using microwaves and a time domain three dimensional reconstruction method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 93, 57-70, 2009.
14. Dai, S. Y., C. Zhang, and Z.-S. Wu, "Electromagnetic scattering of objects above ground using MRTD/FDTD hybrid method," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 16, 2187-2196, 2006.
15. Caorsi, S., A. Massa, M. Pastorino, and A. Randazzo, "Electromagnetic detection of dielectric scatterers using phaseless synthetic and real data and the memetic algorithm," IEEE Trans. Geosci. Remote Sens., Vol. 41, 2745-2753, 2003.
16. Litman, A. and K. Belkebir, "Two-dimensional inverse profiling problem using phaseless data," J. Opt. Soc. Am. A, Vol. 23, 2737-2746, 2006.
17. Crocco, L., M. D'Urso, and T. Isernia, "Faithful non-linear imaging from only-amplitude measurements of incident and total fields," Optics Express, Vol. 15, 3804-3815, 2007.
18. D'Urso, M., K. Belkebir, L. Crocco, T. Isernia, and A. Litman, "Phaseless imaging with experimental data: Facts and challenges," J. Opt. Soc. Am. A, Vol. 25, 271-281, 2008.
19. Zheng, H., L. Li, and F. Li, "A multi-frequency MRCSI algorithm with phaseless data," Inverse Problems, Vol. 25, 1-13, 2009.
20. Li, L. L., H. Zheng, and F. Li, "Two-dimensional contrast source inversion method with phaseless data: TM case," IEEE Trans. Geosci. Remote Sens., Vol. 47, 1719-1736, 2009.
21. Belkebir, K. and M. Saillard, "Special section: Test inversion algorithms against experimental data," Inverse Problems, Vol. 17, 1565-1571, 2001.