Study of a novel design of dual-band folded antenna with an L-shaped slot on the ground plane has been proposed for wireless local area network (WLAN) applications. The proposed antenna occupies a low profile above the ground plane. This characteristic makes it suitable for laptop PC applications. The proposed antenna can provide two impedance bands at 2.4 and 5.2/5.8 GHz, which satisfies WLAN applications. Details of the proposed antenna design and measured results are presented and discussed.
2. Peng, L. and C. L. Ruan, "A microstrip fed monopole patch antenna with three stubs for dual-band WLAN applications," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 15, 2359-2369, Dec. 2007.
3. Wu, Y. J., B. H. Sun, J. F. Li, and Q. Z. Liu, "Triple-band omni-directional antenna for WLAN application," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 76, 477-484, 2007.
4. Liu, W. C. and Y. T. Kao, "CPW-fed compact meandered strip antenna on a soft substrate for dualband WLAN communication," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 7, 987-995, May 2007.
5. Fu, F. Y., L. P. Yan, K. Huang, and J. S. Dong, "Design and implement of a CPW-fed meander monopole antenna with V-shape notched ground for WLAN," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 14, 2129-2136, Dec. 2007.
6. Wong, K. L., L. C. Chou, and C. M. Su, "Dual-band flat-plate antenna with a shorted parasitic element for laptop applications," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 53, No. 1, 539-544, Jan. 200.
7. Liu, W. C., "Optimal design of dualband CPW-fed G-shaped monopole antenna for WLAN application," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 74, 21-38, 2007.
8. Huang, C. Y. and P. Y. Chiu, "Dual-band monopole antenna with shorted parasitic element," Electron. Lett., Vol. 41, No. 21, 1154-1155, Oct. 2005.
9. Huang, C. Y., H. C. Lin, and J. S. Kuo, "Dual-band monopole antenna excited by a capacitive coupling feed for WLAN applications," Micro. Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 49, No. 5, 1135-1138, May 2007.