A simplified extended composite right/left-handed (SE-CRLH) transmission line (TL) is proposed for dual-band applications. The dual-band bandpass behavior is realized with a simplified non-dual circuit with only two broadband balanced conditions. The dispersion relation and frequency response of SE-CRLH TL are analyzed by circuit analysis, Bloch-Floquet theorem, and full wave simulation. A demonstration of SE-CRLH structure is designed. The measurements are in agreement with simulations and theory.
2. Lin, K. C., C. F. Chang, M. C. Wu, and S. J. Chung, "Dual-bandpass filters with serial configuration using LTCC technology," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 54, No. 6, 2321-2328, 2006.
3. Caloz, C., "Dual composite right/left-handed (D-CRLH) transmission line metamaterial," IEEE Microwave Wireless Components Letter, Vol. 16, No. 11, 585-687, 2006.
4. Ryu, Y. H., J. H. Park, J. H. Lee, J. Y. Kim, and H. S. Tae, "DGS dual composite right/left handed transmission line," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 18, No. 7, 434-436, 2008.
5. Ryu, Y. H., J. H. Park, J. H. Lee, and H. S. Tae, "Multiband antenna using +1, -1, and 0 resonant mode of DGS dual composite right/left handed transmission line," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 51, No. 10, 2485-2488, 2009.
6. Li, B., J. P. Yang, and W. Wu, "A planar microstrip implementation of dual-composite right/left handed transmission line," ICMMT 2008, 1617-1619, Nanjing, China, 2008.
7. Wang, W., C. Liu, L. Yan, and K. Huang, "A novel power divider based on dual-composite right/left handed transmission line," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 8-9, 1173-1180, 2009.
8. Caloz, C., A. Sanada, and T. Itoh, "A novel composite right/left-handed coupled-line directional coupler with arbitrary coupling level and broad bandwidth," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 52, 980-992, 2004.
9. Lai, A., T. Itoh, and C. Caloz, "Composite right/left-handed transmission line metamaterial," IEEE Microwave Magzine, 34-50, 2004.
10. Rennings, A., S. Otto, J. Mosig, C. Caloz, and I. Wolff, "Extended composite right/left-handed (E-CRLH) metamaterial and its application as quadband quarter-wavelength transmission line," Proceeding of Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference, 2006.
11. Eleftheriades, G. V., "A generalized negative-refractive-index transmission-line (NRI-TL) metamaterial for dual-band and quad-band applications," IEEE Microwave Wireless Components Letter, Vol. 17, No. 6, 415-417, 2007.
12. Jimenez-Martin, J. L., V. Gonzalez-Posadas, J. E. Gonzalez-Garcia, F. J. Arques-Orobon, L. E. Garcia-Munoz, and D. Segovia-Vargas, "Dual band high efficiency class CE power amplifier based on CRLH diplexer," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 97, 217-240, 2009.
13. Caloz, C., S. Abielmona, H. V. Nguyen, and A. Rennings, "Dual composite right/left-handed (D-CRLH) leaky-wave antenna with low beam squinting and tunable group velocity," Physica Status Solidi B-Basic Research, Vol. 244, No. 4, 1219-1226, 2007.
14. Caloz, C. and T. Itoh, Electromagnetic Metamaterials Transmission Line Theory and Microwave Applications, Wiley Interscience, 2006.