In this paper, a novel band-notched wide slot antenna for UWB applications has been proposed. The antenna consists of a circularly slotted square ground, two wide-slots separated by a conductive ring, and an equiangular spiral feed line, which excites the antenna through traveling-wave. Experimental prototypes are fabricated and tested. The obtained results indicate that the proposed antenna has a small size and offers a broad bandwidth from 3.1 to 12 GHz, with a band notch from 3.4 to 3.9 GHz. The radiation patterns display nearly omnidirectional performance and the measured group delays are within ±1 nanosecond except for the notch band.
2. Yang, Y.-B., F.-S. Zhang, L. Zhang, S. Gai, and J.-G. Gong, "Design of a dual band-notched ultrawideband antenna," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 17--18, 2279-2287, 2009.
3. Yin, K. and J. P. Xu, "Compact ultra-wideband monopole antenna with band-stop characteristic," International Conference on Microwave and Millimeter Wave Technology, Vol. 3, 1174-1176, 2008.
4. Zhao, Y. H., J. P. Xu, and K. Yin, "A miniature coplanar waveguide-fed ultra-wideband antenna," nternational Conference on Microwave and Millimeter Wave Technology, Vol. 4, 1671-1674, 2008.
5. Lin, S. Y. and S. A. Yeh, "A double-sided printed double-T-shaped dipole antenna for UWB communications," TENCON 2007 IEEE Region 10 Conference, Vol. 1, No. 3, 2007.
6. Cheng, S., P. Hallbjörner, and A. Rydberg, "Printed slot planar inverted cone antenna for ultrawideband applications," Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 7, 18-21, 2008.
7. Sadat, S., M. Fardis, F. Geran, G. Dadashzadeh, N. Hojjat, and M. Roshandel, "A compact microstrip square-ring slot antenna for UWB applications," Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, 4629-4632, 2006.
8. Chen, H. D., "Broadband CPW-Fed square slot antennas with a widened tuning stub," IEEE Transactions Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 51, 1982-1986, 2003.
9. Qu, S. W., C. L. Ruan, and B. Z.Wang, "Bandwidth enhancement of wide-slot antenna fed by CPW and microstrip line," Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 5, 15-17, 2006.
10. Dyson, J. D. and The equiangular spiral antenna, "Antennas and Propagation on IRE Transactions,", Vol. 7, 181-187, 1959.
11. Wentworth, S. M. and S. M. Rao, "Analysis of equiangular spiral antennas," International Journal of Microwave and Millimeter-wave Computer-aided Engineering, Vol. 6, 92-99, 1996.