A novel CPW-fed triple-band monopole antenna designed by embedding an S-shaped meander strip into a C-shaped strip is proposed for WLAN and WiMAX applications. The antenna with a very simple and compact structure is easy to be fabricated, and the prototype of the proposed antenna has been constructed and measured. The triple operating bands with 10-dB return-loss bandwidths of about 110 MHz centered at 2.45 GHz, 310 MHz centered at 3.55 GHz, and 39% ranging from 4.1 to 6.2 GHz, covering the required bandwidths of 2.4/5.2/5.8 GHz WLAN and 3.5/5.5 GHz WiMAX standards, are obtained. In addition, good radiation performance and antenna gain across the three frequency ranges have been obtained.
2. Lin, C., F. S. Zhang, G. Zhao, F. Zhang, and Y. Song, "A novel symmetrical monopole antenna for dual dual-broadband operation," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 51, 976-979, 2009.
3. Zhang, Q. Y. and Q. X. Chu, "Triple-band dual rectangular ring printed monopole antenna for WLAN/WiMAX applications," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 51, 2845-2848, 2009.
4. Ham, C. K., J. W. Baik, and Y. S. Kim, "CPW-fed compact meander and L-shape monopole antenna for dual-band WLAN applications," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 50, 3147-3149, 2008.
5. Li, X., L. Yang, S.-X. Gong, and Y.-J. Yang, "Bidirectional high gain antenna for WLAN applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 6, 99-106, 2009.
6. Bae, H. R., S. O. So, C. S. Cho, J. W. Lee, and J. Kim, "A crooked U-slot dual-band antenna with radial stub feeding," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 8, 1345-1348, 2009.
7. Liu, C. S., C. N. Chiu, and S. M. Deng, "A compact disc-slit monopole antenna for mobile devices," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 7, 251-254, 2008.
8. Ren, W., "Compact dual-band slot antenna for 2.4/5 GHz WLAN applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 8, 319-327, 2008.
9. Mahatthanajatuphat, C., S. Saleekaw, P. Akkaraekthalin, and M. Krairiksh, "A rhombic patch monopole antenna with modified Minkowski fractal geometry for UMTS, WLAN, and mobile WiMAX application," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 89, 57-74, 2009.
10. Tsai, C. C., W.-C. Hsia, and C.-Y. Huang, "S-shaped monopole antenna for dual-band WLAN applications," Proceedings of Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference, 1915-1918, 2007.