A racket-shaped slot ultra-wideband (UWB) antenna coupled with parasitic strips for band-notched application is proposed in this paper. By attaching a pair of parasitic rectangular strips on the bottom of the substrate, a band-notched characteristic is well realized. Adjusting the length, width of the two strips and the distance between them, a band-rejected filter characteristic at the WLAN operation in 5.15-5.825 GHz frequency band can be obtained. The fabricated antenna has a small size of 20×37.5 mm2. Good agreement is achieved between the simulated and measured results, both of which show an ultra-wide impedance bandwidth from 3.1 to 10.6 GHz for VSWR less than 2 except the bandwidths of 5.15-5.825 GHz for WLAN.
2. Horita, A. and H. Iwasaki, "A planar dipole antenna with wideband characteristics for UWB and wireless LAN," Electronics and Communications in Japan, Vol. 90, Part 1, 22-30, 2007.
3. Low, X.-N., Z.-N. Chen, and T. S. P. See, "A UWB dipole antenna with enhanced impedance and gain performance," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 57, No. 10, 2959-2966, Oct. 2009.
4. Hu, Y.-S., M. Li, G.-P. Gao, J.-S. Zhang, and M.-K. Yang, "A double-printed trapezoidal patch dipole antenna for UWB applications with band-notched characteristic," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 103, 259-269, 2010.
5. Cheng, S., P. Hallbjörner, and A. Rydberg, "Printed slot planar inverted cone antenna for ultrawideband applications," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 7, 18-21, 2008.
6. Row, J.-S. and S.-W. Wu, "Circularly-polarized wide slot antenna loaded with a parasitic patch," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 56, No. 9, 2826-2832, Sep. 2008.
7. Liu, J., D. Zhao, and B.-Z. Wang, "A beveled and slot-loaded planar bow-tie antenna for UWB application," Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, Vol. 2, 37-46, 2008.
8. Koohestani, M. and M. Golpour, "Compact rectangular slot antenna with a novel coplanar waveguide fed diamond patch for ultra wideband applications," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 52, 331-334, 2010.
9. Yin, X.-C., C.-L. Ruan, C.-Y. Ding, and J.-H. Chu, "A planar U type monopole antenna for UWB applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 2, 1-10, 2008.
10. Zheng, Z.-A. and Q.-X. Chu, "Compact CPW-fed UWB antenna with dual band-notched characteristics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 11, 83-91, 2009.
11. Tu, S., Y.-C. Jiao, Y. Song, and X.-Z. Wang, "A novel monopole dual band-notched antenna with tapered slot for UWB applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 10, 49-57, 2009.
12. Tu, S., Y.-C. Jiao, Y. Song, and Z. Zhang, "A novel miniature strip-line fed antenna with band-notched function for UWB applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 10, 29-38, 2009.
13. Li, L.-X., S.-S. Zhong, and M.-H. Chen, "Compact band-notched ultra-wideband antenna using defected ground structure," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 52, 286-289, 2010.
14. Wang, X.-M., Z.-B. Weng, X. Zhang, and Y.-C. Jiao, "Planar multiateral monopole antenna with band-notch characterization for UWB applications," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 51, 2186-2189, 2009.
15. Zhang, X., T.-L. Zhang, Y.-Y. Xia, Z.-H. Yan, and X.-M. Wang, "Planar monopole antenna with band-notch characterization for UWB applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 6, 149-156, 2009.
16. Zhang, G.-M., J.-S. Hong, and B.-Z. Wang, "Two novel band-notched UWB slot antennas fed by microstrip line," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 78, 209-218, 2008.
17. Zaker, R., C. Ghobadi, and J. Nourinia, "Novel modified UWB planar monopole antenna with variable frequency band-notch function," IEEE Antennas Propog. Lett., Vol. 7, 112-114, 2008.
18. Shin, J., S. Hong, and J. Choi, "Design of a band-stop UWB antenna with two L-shaped stubs," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 51, 2656-2660, 2009.
19. Ryu, K. S. and A. A. Kishk, "UWB antenna with single or dual band-notches for lower WLAN band and upper WLAN band," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 57, No. 12, 3942-3950, Dec. 2009.