A novel compact fork-shaped ultrawideband (UWB) antenna with triple band-notched characteristics is proposed. By embedding a spade-shaped slot on the radiating patch as well as adding a separated strip and a C-shaped resonating structure on the front side of the reference UWB antenna, the triple notched frequency bands are realized. The measured impedance bandwidth defined by VSWR<2 of 7.8 GHz (3--10.8 GHz), with the triple notched bands of 3.3--3.7 GHz, 5.15--5.4 GHz, and 5.7--5.9 GHz, are obtained. The proposed antenna with an overall dimension of only 24×30 mm2 is successfully simulated, designed and measured, showing broadband matched impedance and stable radiation patterns.
2. Naghshvarian-Jahromi, M., "Compact UWB bandnotch antenna with transmission-line-fed," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 3, 283-293, 2008.
3. Zheng, Z.-A. and Q.-X. Chu, "Compact CPW-fed UWB antenna with dual band-notched characteristics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 11, 83-91, 2009.
4. Fallahi, R., "A novel UWB elliptical slot antenna with band-notched characteristics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 82, 127-136, 2008.
5. Tu, S., Y. C. Jiao, Y. Song, B. Yang, and X. Z. Wang, "A novel monopole dual band-notched antenna with tapered slot for UWB application," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 10, 49-57, 2009.
6. Sadat, S. and M. Houshmand, "Design of a microstrip square-slot antenna filled by an H-shaped slot for UWB applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 70, 191-198, 2007.
7. Chu, Q.-X. and Y.-Y. Yang, "A compact ultrawideband antenna with 3.4/5.5 GHz dual band-notched characteristics," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 56, 3637-3644, 2008.
8. Zhang, Y., W. Hong, C. Yu, Z.-Q. Kuai, Y.-D. Don, and J.-Y. Zhou, "Planar ultrawideband antennas with multiple notched bands based on etched slots on the patch and/or split ring resonators on the feed line," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 56, 3063-3068, 2008.