A novel dual-wideband printed monopole antenna is proposed for wireless local area network (WLAN) and worldwide interoperability for microwave access (WiMAX) applications. The proposed antenna consists of a T-shaped monopole on top and dual combined G-shaped slots located symmetrically on the ground plane to achieve a dual-wideband performance. Prototype of the proposed antenna has been constructed and tested. The measured 10 dB bandwidths for return loss are 1.76 GHz from 2.13 to 3.89 GHz and 0.92 GHz from 5.03 to 5.95 GHz, covering all the 2.4/5.2/5.8 GHz WLAN and 2.5/3.5/5.5 GHz WiMAX bands. And this antenna also has omni-directional patterns over the lower operating range.
2. Sze, J.-Y. and W.-S. Chang, "Dual-band square slot atenna with embeded crossed strips for wireless local area network," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 51, 435-439, 2009.
3. Tao, J., C. H. Cheng, and H. B. Zhu, "Compact dual-band slot antenna for WLAN applications," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 49, 1203-1204, 2007.
4. Wu, Y.-J., B.-H. Sun, J.-F. Li, and Q.-Z. Liu, "Triple-band omni-directional antenna for WLAN application," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 76, 477-484, 2007.
5. Sze, J.-Y., "Compact dual-band annular-ring slot antenna with meandered grounded strip," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 95, 299-308, 2009.
6. Shams, K. M. Z., M. Ali, and H. S. Hwang, "A planar inductively coupled bow-tie slot antenna for WLAN application," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 7, 861-871, 2006.
7. Zhao, G., F.-S. Zhang, Y. Song, Z.-B. Weng, and Y.-C. Jiao, "Compact ring monopole antenna with double meander lines for 2.4/5 GHz dual-band operation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 72, 187-194, 2007.
8. Song, Y., Y.-C. Jiao, G. Zhao, and F.-S. Zhang, "Multiband CPW-fed triangle-shaped monopole antenna for wireless applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 70, 329-336, 2007.
9. Si, L.-M. and X. Lv, "CPW-fed multi-band omni-directional planar microstrip antenna using composite metameterial resonators for wireless communications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 83, 133-146, 2008.
10. Lee, Y.-C. and J.-S. Sun, "Compact printed slot antennas for wireless dual- and multi-band operations," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 88, 289-305, 2008.
11. Wang, Y.-D., J.-H. Lu, and H.-M. Hsiao, "Novel design of semi-circular slot antenna with triple-band oparetion for WLAN/WIMAX communication," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 50, 1531-1534, 2008.
12. Chaimool, S. and K. L. Chung, "CPW-fed mirrored-L monopole antenna with distinct triple bands for WiFi and WiMAX applications," Electronics Letters, Vol. 45, No. 18, 2009.
13. Liu, W.-C., C.-C. Song, S.-H. Chung, and J.-L. Jaw, "Strip-loaded CPW-fed pentagonal antenna for GPS/WIMAX/WLAN applications," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 51, 48-52, 2009.
14. Thomas, K. G. and M. Sreenivasan, "Compact triple band antenna for WLAN/WiMAX applications," Electronics Letters, Vol. 45, No. 16, 2009.