In this paper, an ultra-wideband (UWB) bandpass filter (BPF) with a notch-band at 5.8 GHz is presented. The proposed filter is constructed with multiple-mode resonator (MMR) using novel dumbbell stubs and one-arm-folded interdigital coupled lines in the input and output sides. The MMR consists of three pairs of shunt dumbbell stubs and a high impedance microstrip line. By adjusting the dimensions of the dumbbell stubs, the resonant modes of MMR are allocated in the UWB band. The arm-folded interdigital coupled lines are used to obtain a notch-band at 5.8 GHz. Finally, the proposed UWB BPF is fabricated. The simulated and measured results are in good agreement with each other.
2. Hong, J. S. and M. J. Lancaster, Microstrip Filters for RF/Microwave Applications, J. Wiley & Sons Inc., New York, 2001.
3. Sheng, S. and Z. Lei, "Multiple-resonator-based bandpass filters," IEEE Microwave Magazine, Vol. 10, No. 2, 88-98, 2009.
4. Kuo, J. T. and E. Shih, "Wideband bandpass filter design with three-line microstrip structures," IEE Proceedings --- Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 149, No. 5--6, 243-247, 2002.
5. Zhu, L., S. Sun, and W. Menzel, "Ultra-wideband (UWB) bandpass filters using multiple-mode resonator," Microwave and Wireless Components Letter, Vol. 15, No. 11, 796-798, 2005.
6. Zhu, L. and H. Wang, "Ultra-wideband bandpass filter on aperturebacked microstrip line," Electron. Lett., Vol. 41, No. 18, 1015-1016, 2005.
7. Wang, H., Q.-X. Chu, and J.-Q. Gong, "A compact wideband microstrip filter using folded multiple-mode resonator," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 19, No. 5, 287-289, 2009.
8. Bahrami, H., M. Hakkak, and A. Pirhadi, "Analysis and design of highly compact bandpass waveguide filter using complementary split ring resonators (CSRR)," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 80, 107-122, 2008.
9. Wei, F., P. Chen, L. Chen, and X. W. Shi, "Design of a compact UWB bandpass filter with defected ground structure," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Application, Vol. 22, 1783-1790, 2008.
10. NaghshvarianJahromi, M. and M. Tayarani, "Miniature planar UWB bandpass filters with circular slots in ground," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 3, 87-93, 2008.
11. Hsiao, P.-Y. and R.-M. Weng, "Compact open-loop UWB filter with notched band," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 7, 149-159, 2009.
12. Wang, S.-N. and N.-W. Chen, "Compact ultra-broadband coplanar-waveguide bandpass filter with excellent stopband rejection," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 17, 15-28, 2009.
13. Zhou, Y, B. Yao, Q. Cao, H. Deng, and X. He, "Compact UWB bandpass filter using ring open stub loaded multiple-mode resonator," Electronics Letters, Vol. 45, No. 11, 554-556, 2009.
14. Binyan, Y., Z. Yonggang, C. Qunsheng, and C. Yinchao, "Compact UWB bandpass filter with improved upper-stopband performance," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 19, No. 1, 27-29, 2009.
15. Chen, L., F. Wei, X. H. Wang, and X.-W. Shi, "A novel compact ultra-wideband bandpass filter using dumbbell stubs,", ICMMT 2010, accepted.
16. Wong, S. W. and L. Zhu, "Implementation of compact UWB bandpass filter with a notch-band," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 18, No. 1, 10-12, 2008.