Scattering of electromagnetic plane waves from an infinitely long nihility cylinder, coated with a chiral layer of uniform thickness, is presented. Cylindrical vector wave functions have been used to express the fields in different regions. The solution is determined by solving the wave equation for different regions and applying the appropriate boundary conditions at the discontinuities. Both TM and TE polarizations as incident plane wave have been considered in the analysis. Obtained Numerical results for the chiral-coated nihility cylinder are compared with a chiral-coated PEC cylinder.
2. Engheta, N. and S. Bassiri, "One- and two-dimensional dyadic Greens functions in chiral media," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 37, 512-515, Apr. 1989.
3. Engheta, N. and D. L. Jaggard, "Electromagnetic chirality and its applications," IEEE Antennas Propagat. Soc. Newslett., Vol. 30, 6-12, Oct. 1988.
4. Lakhtakia, A., V. V. Varadan, and V. K. Varadan, "Field equations, Huygens principle, integral equations, and theorems for radiation and scattering of electromagnetic waves in isotropic chiral media," J. Opt. Soc. Amer. A, Vol. 5, 175-184, Feb. 1988.
5. Kluskens, M. S. and E. H. Newman, "Scattering by a chiral cylinder of arbitrary cross section," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 38, 1448-1455, Sep. 1990.
6. Kluskens, M. S. and E. H. Newman, "Scattering by a multilayer chiral cylinder," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 39, 91-96, Jan. 1991.
7. Al-Kanhal, M., "Electromagnetic scattering from chiral cylinders of arbitrary cross section,", Ph.D. Dissertation, Syracuse University, Dec. 1994.
8. Arvas, E. and M. Alkanhal, "Electromagnetic scattering from chiral cylinder of arbitrary cross-section," URSI Radio Sci. Meet., Seattle, WA, Jun. 1994.
9. Al-Kanhal, M. A. and E. Arvas, "Electromagnetic scattering from chiral cylinder of arbitrary cross-section," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 44, 1041-1048, Jul. 1996.
10. Lakhtakia, A., "An electromagnetic trinity from `negative permittivity' and `negative permeability'," Int. J. Infrared Millim. Waves, Vol. 22, 1731-1734, 2001.
11. Lakhtakia, A., "An electromagnetic trinity from `negative permittivity' and `negative permeability'," Int. J. Infrared Millim. Waves, Vol. 23, 813-818, 2002.
12. Lakhtakia, A. and J. B. Goddes, "Scattering by nihility cylinder," Int. J. Electron. Commun., Vol. 61, 62-65, (AEÜ) 2007.
13. Lakhtakia, A., "On perfect lenses and nihility," Int. J. Infrared Millim. Waves, Vol. 23, 339-343, 2002.
14. Lakhtakia, A. and J. A. Sherwin, "Orthorhombic materials and perfect lenses," Int. J. Infrared Millim. Waves, Vol. 24, 19-23, 2003.
15. Ziolkowski, R. W., "Propagation in and scattering from a matched metamaterial having a zero index of refraction," Phys. Rev. E, Vol. 70, 046608, 2004.
16. Lakhtakia, A. and T. G. Mackay, "Fresnel coeffcients for a permittivity-permeability phase space encompassing vacuum, anti-vacuum, and nihility," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 48, 26570, 2006.
17. Tretyakov, S., I. Nefedov, A. Sihvola, S. Maslovski, and C. Simovski, "Waves and energy in chiral nihility," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 17, No. 5, 695-706, 2003.
18. Cheng, Q., T. J. Cui, and C. Zhang, "Waves in planar waveguide containing chiral nihility metamaterial," Optics Communications, Vol. 276, 317-321, 2007.
19. Naqvi, Q. A., "Planer slab of chiral nihility metamaterial backed by fractional dual/PEMC interface," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 85, 381-391, 2008.
20. Naqvi, Q. A., "Fractional dual solutions to the Maxwell equations in chiral nihility medium," Optics Communications, Vol. 282, 2016-2018, 2009.
21. Ahmed, S. and Q. A. Naqvi, "Directive EM radiation of a line source in the presence of a coated nihility cylinder," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 5-6, 761-771, 2009.
22. Ahmed, S. and Q. A. Naqvi, "Scattering of electromagnetic waves from a nihility circular cylinder coated with a metamaterial," Journal of Infrared, Millimeter and Terahertz Waves, Vol. 30, 1044-1052, 2009.
23. Al Sharkawy, M. and A. Z. Elsherbeni, "Electromagnetic scattering from parallel chiral cylinders of circular cross sections using an iterative procedure," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 47, 87-110, 2004.
24. Stratton, J. A., Electromagnetic Theory, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1941.