A compact ultra-wideband microstrip-fed planar monopole antenna with dual band-notch characteristic is presented. Dual notched frequency bands are achieved by embedding an M-slot in the radiating patch and a W-slot in the ground beneath the feeding line. And the characteristics of the dual band-notched can be controlled by adjusting the length and position of the corresponding slot. Experimental results show that the proposed antenna, with compact size of, has an impedance bandwidth of 2.75~11.30 GHz for VSWR less than 2.0, except two notched bands of 3.25~4.20 GHz and 5.23~6.10 GHz. Moreover, this antenna exhibits good omnidirectional radiation patterns in the H-plane, stable antenna gains over the operation band, and perfect group delay in the time-domain.
2. Chu, Q.-X. and Y.-Y. Yang, "A compact ultra-wideband antenna with 3.4/5.5 GHz dual band-notched characteristics," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 56, No. 12, 3637-3644, Dec. 2008.
3. Jiang, J.-B., Y. Song, Z.-H. Yan, X. Zhang, and W. Wu, "Band-notched UWB printed antenna with an inverted L-slotted ground," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 51, No. 1, 260-263, 2009.
4. Zhao, Y. H., J. P. Xu, and K. Yin, "Dual band-notched ultra-wideband microstrip antenna using asymmetrical spurlines," Electron. Lett., Vol. 44, No. 18, 1051-1052, 2008.
5. Gao, G.-P., Z.-L. Mei, and B.-N. Li, "Novel circular slot UWB antenna with dual band-notched characteristic," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 15, 49-63, 2010.
6. Yang, Y.-B., F.-S. Zhang, F. Zhang, L. Zhang, and Y.-C. Jiao, "Design of novel wideband monopole antenna with a tunable notched-band for 2.4 GHz WLAN and UWB applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 13, 93-102, 2010.
7. Lee, W.-S., W.-G. Lim, and J.-W. Yu, "Multiple band-notched planar monopole antenna for multi-band wireless systems," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 15, No. 9, 576-578, Sep. 2005.
8. Luo, L., Z. Cui, J.-P. Xiong, X.-M. Zhang, and Y.-C. Jiao, "Compact printed ultra-wideband monopole antenna with dual band-notch characteristic," Electron. Lett., Vol. 44, No. 19, 1106-1107, Sep. 2008.
9. Liang, J., X. C. Chiau, X. Chen, and C. G. Parini, "Study of a printed circular disc monopole antenna for uwb systems," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 53, No. 11, 3500-3504, Nov. 2005.
10. Cho, Y. J., K. H. Kim, D. H. Choi, S. S. Lee, and S. O. Park, "A miniature UWB planar monopole antenna with 5 GHz band-rejection filter and the time-domain characteristics," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propag., Vol. 54, No. 5, 1453-1460, May 2006.