A miniaturized ultra-wideband (UWB) bandpass filter (BPF) with U-slot etched around the metallic via in the ground is proposed based on a simplified composite right/left-handed transmission line (SCRLH TL) structure. The U-slot etched in the ground makes it feasible to reduce the overall size. A demonstration of FCC standard UWB bandpass filter (BPF) is designed, fabricated and measured. Very good agreement is shown between measurement and simulation.
2. Qing, L., Y. J. Zhao, Q. Sun, W. Zhao, and B. Liu, "A compact UWB HMSIW bandpass filter based on complementary split-ring resonators," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 11, 237-243, 2009.
3. Eleftheriades, G. V., A. K. Iyer, and P. C. Kremer, "Planar negative refractive index media using periodically L-C loaded transmission lines," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 50, 2702-2712, 2002.
4. Sanada, A., C. Caloz, and T. Itoh, "Characteristics of the composite right/left-handed transmission lines," IEEE Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 14, No. 2, February 2004.
5. Caloz, C., A. Sanada, and T. Itoh, "A novel composite right/left-handed coupled-line directional coupler with arbitrary coupling level and broad bandwidth," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 52, 980-992, 2004.
6. Bonache, J., G. Siso, M. Gil, A. Iniesta, J. G. Rincon, and F. Martin, "Application of composite right/left handed (CRLH) transmission lines based on compementary split ring resonantors (CSRRs) to the design of dual-band microwave components," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 18, No. 8, August 2008.
7. Lin, X. Q., R. P. Liu, and X. M. Yang, "Arbitrary dual-band components using simplified structures of conventional CRLH TLs," IEEE Transaction on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 54, No. 7, 2902-2909, July 2006.
8. Lai, A., K. M. K. H. Leong, and T. Itoh, "Infinite wavelength resonant antennas with monopolar radiation pattern based on periodic structures," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 55, No. 3, March 2007.
9. Caloz, C. and T. Itoh, Electromagnetic Metamaterials Transmission Line Theory and Microwave Applications, Wiley Inter Science, 2006.
10. Ryu, Y. H., J. H. Park, J. H. Lee, J. Y. Kim, and H. S. Tae, "DGS dual composite right/left handed transmission line," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 18, No. 7, 434-436, 2008.