This paper presents the high frequency electromagnetic field expressions for perfect electromagnetic conductor (PEMC) Gregorian system. In this Gregorian system both the reflectors are PEMC and are embedded in homogenous chiral medium. Depending upon the values of chirality parameter (kβ) two cases are analyzed. In the first case, chiral medium supports positive phase velocity (PPV) for both the left circularly polarized (LCP) and right circularly polarized (RCP) modes. In the second case, chiral medium supporting PPV for one mode and negative phase velocity (NPV) for the other mode is taken into account. Since geometrical optics (GO) fails at the focal point, so Maslov's method is used to find the field expressions at the focal point. Field plots for different values of admittance (M) of the PEMC and the chirality parameter (kβ) are given in the paper.
2. Lindell, I. V. and A. H. Sihvola, "Perfect electromagnetic conductor," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 19, No. 7, 861-869, 2005.
3. Lindell, I. V. and A. H. Sihola, "Transformation method for problems involing perfect electromagnetic conductor (PEMC) structures," IEEE Trans. on Ant. and Propag., Vol. 53, 3005-3011, 2005.
4. Fiaz, M. A., A. Aziz, A. Ghaffar, and Q. A. Naqvi, "High-frequency expression for the field in the caustic region of a PEMC Gregorian system using Maslov's method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 81, 135-148, 2008.
5. Zouhdi, S., A. Sihvola, and A. P. Vinogradov, Metamaterials and Plasmonics: Fundamentals, Modelling, Applications, 2008.
6. Mackay, T. G. and A. Lakhtakia, "Simultaneously negative and positive phase velocity propagation in an isotropic chiral medium," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 49, 1245-1246, 2007.
7. Lakhtakia, A., "Beltrami fields in chiral media," Contemporary Chemical Physics, World Scientific Series, 1994.
8. Mehmood, M. Q., M. J. Mughal, and T. Rahim, "Focal region fields of Cassegrain system embedded in chiral medium," Progress In Electromagnetic Research B, Vol. 21, 329-346, 2010.
9. Qiu, C. W., N. Burokur, S. Zouhdi, and L. W. Li, "Chiral nihility effects on energy flow in chiral materials," J. Opt. Soc. Am. A, Vol. 25, No. 1, 53-63, 2008.
10. Tuz, V. R. and C.-W. Qiu, "Semi-infinite chiral nihility photonics: Parametric dependence, wave tunneling and rejection," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 103, 139-152, 2010.
11. Maslov, V. P., "Perturbation theory and asymptotic methods,", Izdat. Moskov. Gos. Univ., Moscow, 1965, in Russian, Translated into Japanese by Ouchi et al., Iwanami.
12. Maslov, V. P. and V. E. Nazaikinski, "Asymptotics of operator and pseudo-differential equations," Consultants Bureau, N.Y., 1988.
13. Waqas, M., M. Faryad, and Q. A. Naqvi, "Analysis of high frequency field of Perfect Electromagnetic Conductor (PEMC) parabolic re°ector placed in homogeneous chiral medium," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 22, No. 14-15, 1931-1941, 2008.
14. Faryad, M. and Q. A. Naqvi, "High frequency expression for the field in the caustic region of cylindrical reflector placed in chiral medium," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 76, 153-182, 2007.
15. Mehmood, M. Q., M. J. Mughal, and T. Rahim, "Focal region fields of Gregorian system embedded in chiral medium," Progress In Electromagnetic Research M, Vol. 11, 241-256, 2010.
16. Lakhtakia, A., V. V. Varadan, and V. K. Varadan, "What happens to plane waves at the planar interfaces of mirror conjugated chiral media," Journal of the Optical Society of America A: Optics, Image Science, and Vision, Vol. 6, No. 1, 2326, January 1989.