A dual-feed dual-polarized dielectric resonator antenna (DRA) with high isolation is proposed in this paper. The high isolation is achieved by using two hybrid feeding mechanism: one port having an H-shaped aperture coupled feed and the other with two out-of-phase probe feeds. The antenna is designed to operate at around 5.2 GHz for WLAN (Wireless Local Area Network) applications and experimental results show that it has more than 35 dB isolation over the entire impedance bandwidth. Good symmetric broadside radiation patterns with low cross polarizations are observed in the two principal planes, and in addition, the front-to-back (F/B) ratios for Port 1 and Port 2 are 10 and 18 dB, respectively.
2. Luk, K. M. and K. W. Leung, Dielectric Resonator Antennas, Research Studies Press Ltd., Hertfordshire, England, 2003.
3. Saed, M. A. and R. Yadla, "Microstrip-fed low profile and compact dielectric resonator antennas," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 56, 151-162, 2006.
4. Rezaei, P., M. Hakkak, and K. Forooraghi, "Design of wide-band dielectric resonator antenna with a two-segment structure," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 66, 111-124, 2006.
5. Kumar, A. V. P., V. Hamsakutty, J. Yohannan, and K. T. Mathew, "Microstripline fed cylindrical dielectric resonator antenna with a coplanar parasitic strip," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 60, 143-152, 2006.
6. Weng, Z.-B., X.-M. Wang, Y.-C. Jiao, and F.-S. Zhang, "Wideband rectangular dielectric resonator antenna (DRA) with slot-fed design," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 16, 181-190, 2010.
7. Al-Zoubi, A. S., A. A. Kishk, and A. W. Glisson, "Analysis and design of a rectangular dielectric resonator antenna fed by dielectric image line through narrow slots," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 77, 379-390, 2007.
8. Denidni, T. A., Y. Coulibaly, and L. Talbi, "Design of a broadband hybrid dielectric resonator antenna for x-band applications," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 12, 1629-1642, 2006.
9. Chair, R., A. A. Kishk, and K. F. Lee, "Comparative study on different feeding techniques for dual polarized dielectric resonator antennas," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society Int. Symp., 2495-2498, Albuquerque, NM, USA, Jul. 2006.
10. Chair, R., A. A. Kishk, and K. F. Lee, "Hook- and 3-D J-shaped probe excited dielectric resonator antenna for dual polarization applications," IEE Proc. Microw., Antennas Propag., Vol. 3, No. 153, 277-281, 2006.
11. Chiou, T. W. and K. L. Wong, "Broad-band dual-polarized single microstrip patch antenna with high isolation and low cross polarization," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 50, 399-401, Mar. 2002.
12. El Yazidi, M., M. Himdi, and J. P. Daniel, "Transmission line analysis of nonlinear slot coupled microstrip antenna," Electron. Lett., Vol. 28, 1992.