A modified UWB power divider formed by installing one delta stub on each branch is proposed. Delta stub is used as a substitution of radial stub that can present wideband characteristic. The proposed structure makes branch line shorter and stub's size smaller than those of similar works based on UWB power divider using radial stub. It also achieves a compact size of 18 mm by 13 mm. The simulation and measurement results of the developed divider are presented and shown good agreement in the UWB range.
2. Lin, Z. and Q. X. Chu, "A compact spatial UWB power divider with 1 to 4 ways," 2008 Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference, 1-4, 2008.
3. Bialkowski, M. and A. Abbosh, "Design of a compact UWB out-of-phase power divider," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 17, No. 4, 289-291, Apr. 2007.
4. Abbosh, A., "A compact UWB three-way power divider," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 17, No. 8, 598-600, Aug. 2007.
5. Chieh, J. C. S. and A. V. Pham, "Development of a wide bandwidth wilkinson power divider on multilayer organic substrates," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 52, No. 7, 1606-1609, Jul. 2010.
6. Wong, S. W. and L. Zhu, "Ultra-wideband power divider with good in-band splitting and isolation performances," IEEE Microwave Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 18, No. 8, Aug. 2008.
7. Ou, X. P. and Q. X. Chu, "A Modified two-section UWB Wilkinson power divider," ICMMT Proceedings, 2008.
8. Ahmed, O. and A. R. Sebak, "A modified wilkinson power divider/combiner for ultrawideband communications," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, 1-4, 2009.
9. De Lima Coimbra, M., "A new kind of radial stub and some applications," Proc. XIV Eur. Microwave Conf., 516-521, Liege, Belgium, 1984.
10. Coimbra and L. Mauro, "The generalized delta stubs," 1987 International Microwave Symposium Proceedings, 1071-1075, 1987.
11. Microwave Office software, AWR Design Environment Company, , 2008.