In this letter, a compact and high selectivity broadband bandpass filter (BPF) is proposed using the dual-mode folded-T-type resonator and the short stub loaded parallel-coupling feed structure. The resonator can generate one even-mode and one odd-mode in the desired band. Two resonant frequencies can be adjusted easily to satisfy the bandwidth of the BPF. A parallel-coupling feed structure with a cross coupling has been applied to generate two transmission zeros in the lower and upper stopband. Furthermore, the loaded short stub can create two transmission zeros near the upper cut-off frequency and in the upper stopband. Simultaneity, the transmission zero in the lower stopband moves towards the cut-off frequency. One filter prototype with the fractional bandwidth 57% is fabricated for experimental verification of the predicted results. The size for the resonator is only 0.156λg×0.303λg in which λg is the guided wavelength of 50 Ω microstrip at the center frequency.
2. Zhang, L., Z.-Y. Yu, and S.-G. Mo, "Novel planar multimode bandpass filters with radial-line stubs," Progress In Electromag netics Research, Vol. 101, 33-42, 2010.
3. Wang, Y. X., B.-Z. Wang, and J. P. Wang, "A compact square loop dual-mode bandpass filter with wide stop-band," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 77, 67-73, 2007.
4. Kong, Y. W., X. D. Huang, C. H. Cheng, and S. T. Chew, "EBG-based dual mode resonator filter," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Lett., Vol. 14, No. 3, 124-126, 2004.
5. Tan, B. T., J. J. Yu, S. T. Chew, M.-S. Leong, and B.-L. Ooi, "A miniaturized dual-mode ring bandpass filter with a new perturbation," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Lett., Vol. 53, No. 1, 343-345, 2005.
6. Huang, X. D. and C. H. Cheng, "A novel coplanar-waveguide bandpass filter using a dual-mode square-ring resonator," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Lett., Vol. 16, No. 1, 13-15, 2006.
7. Kang, W., W. Hong, and J. Y. Zhou, "Performance improvement and size reduction of microstrip dual-mode bandpass filter," Electronics Letter, Vol. 44, No. 6, 421-422, 2008.
8. Hong, J.-S., H. Shaman, and Y.-H. Chun, "Dual-mode microstrip open-loop resonators and filters," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 55, No. 8, 1764-1770, 2007.
9. Deng, H.-W., Y.-J. Zhao, X.-S. Zhang, L. Zhang, and S.-P. Gao, "Compact wide upper-stopband BPF using open stub loaded dual-mode resonator," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 52, No. 10, 2185-2188, 2010.
10. Deng, H.-W., Y.-J. Zhao, X.-S. Zhang, L. Zhang, and W. Zhao, "Compact dual-mode open stub-loaded resonator and BPF," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 14, 119-125, 2010.
11. Athukorala, L. and D. Budimir, "Compact dual-mode open loop microstrip resonators and filters," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Lett., Vol. 19, No. 11, 698-700, 2009.
12. Ma, K., K. C. B. Liang, R. M. Jayasuriya, and K. S. Yeo, "A wideband and high rejection multimode bandpass filter using stub Perturbation," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Lett., Vol. 19, No. 1, 24-26, Jan. 2009.
13. Shen, W., X.-W. Sun, and W.-Y. Yin, "A novel microstrip filter using three-mode stepped impedance resonator (TSIR)," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Lett., Vol. 19, No. 12, 774-776, Dec. 2009.
14. Li, L. and Z.-F. Li, "Side-coupled shorted microstrip line for compact quasi-elliptic wideband bandpass filter design," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Lett., Vol. 20, No. 6, 124-126, 2010.