This paper presents a novel compact suspended double side millimeter bandpass filter (BPF) with wide stopband using Suspended Compact Microstrip Resonant Cell (SCMRC). For SCMRC exhibit slow-wave band-stop characteristics, two distributed SCMRC structures are designed to achieve wide stopband characteristic. By apply SCMRC structure and double side design, this novel BPF is size reduced. Back-to-back rectangular waveguide to suspended microstrip probe transitions at different millimeter bands are designed and fabricated to verify transmission characteristics of novel SCMRC bandpass filter. Experimental results show low insertion loss (< 1.2 dB) in the passband and sharp, wide rejection in the stopband with about 150% bandwidth (below -15 dB, from 50 GHz to 100 GHz), make good agreement with simulated results.
2. Wu, G.-L., W. Mu, X.-W. Dai, and Y.-C. Jiao, "Design of novel dual-band bandpass filter with microstrip meander-loop resonator and CSRR DGS," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 78, 17-24, 2008.
3. Xue, Q., K. M. Shum, and C. H. Chan, "Novel 1-D microstrip PBG cells," IEEE Microw. Guided Wave Lett., Vol. 10, No. 10, 403-405, Oct. 2000.
4. Xue, Q., K. M. Shum, and C. H. Chan, "Low conversion loss 4thsubharmonic mixers incorporating CMRC for millimeter-wave applications," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 51, No. 5, 1449-1454, May 2003.
5. Gu, J. and X. Sun, "Compact lowpass filter using spiral compact microstrip resonant cells," Electronics Letters, Vol. 41, No. 19, 1065-1066, 2005.
6. Quendo, C., E. Rius, and C. Person, "Narrow bandpass filters using dual-behavior resonators," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 51, 734-743, 2003.
7. Deng, K., Q. Xue, and W. Che, "Improved compact microstrip resonance cell lowpass filter with wide stopband characteristics," Electronics Letters, Vol. 43, No. 8, Apr. 12, 2007.
8. Zhang, F., J. Z. Gu, C. Y. Gu, and et.al, "Lowpass filter with in-line beeline CMRC," Electronics Letters, Vol. 42, No. 8, Apr. 13, 2006.
9. Yang, S.-L. S, Q. Xue, and K.-M. Luk, "A wideband low noise amplifiers design incorporating the CMRC circuitry," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 15, No. 5, 315-317, 2005.
10. Xue, Q., Y. Liu, and C. H. Chan, "Application of CMRC in antenna switch," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, Vol. 2, 844-847, 2002.
11. Zhang, X. Y., Q. Xue, and B. J. Hu, "Compact bandpass filter using modified cmrc and double-sided parallel-strip line," IEEE Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 49, No. 3, 583-585, Mar. 2007.
12. Zhang, J., J.-Z. Gu, B. Cui, and X.-W. Sun, "Compact and harmonic suppression open-loop resonator bandpass filter with tri-section SIR," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 69, 93-100, 2007.
13. Yang, M., J. Xu, Q. Zhao, L. Peng, and G. Li, "Compact, broad-stopband lowpass filters using SIRs-loaded circular hairpin resonators," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 102, 95-106, 2010.
14. Adam, H., A. Ismail, M. A. Mahdi, M. S. Razalli, A. R. H. Alhawari, and B. K. Esfeh, "X-band miniaturized wideband band-pass filter utilizing multilayered microstrip hairpin resonator," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 93, 177-188, 2009.