Reflection from a planar DB interface placed in chiral and chiral nihility medium is studied. No difference between the two cases, regarding reflection chracteristics, is noted. No reflected backward wave is produced for DB interface placed in chiral nihility metamaterial. In this regard, DB interface may be considered as first known perfect reflector interface which yields non zero power when placed in chiral nihility medium.
2. Bassiri, S., C. H. Papas, and N. Engheta, "Electromagnetic wave propagation through a dielectric-chiral interface and through a chiral slab," J. Opt. Soc. Am. A, Vol. 5, 1450, 1988.
3. Lindell, I. V., A. H. Sihvola, S. A. Tretyakov, and A. J. Viitanen, Electromagnetic Waves in Chiral and Bi-isotropic Media, Artech House, Boston, 1994.
4. Lakhtakia, A., V. K. Varadan, and V. V. Varadan, Time Harmonic Electromagnetic Fields in Chiral Media, Springer, Berlin, 1989.
5. Lakhtakia, A., "An electromagnetic trinity from negative permittivity and negative permeability," Int. J. Infrared and Millimeter Waves, Vol. 22, 1731-1734, 2001.
6. Tretyakov, S., I. Nefedov, A. Sihvola, S. Maslovski, and C. Simovski, "Waves and energy in chiral nihility," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 17, No. 5, 695-706, 2003.
7. Tretyakov , S., I. Nefedov, A. Sihvola, and S. Maslovski, "A metamaterial with extreme properties: The chiral nihility," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Symposium, 468, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, October 13-16, 2003.
8. Hamid, A. K., "EM scattering by a lossy dielectric-coated nihility elliptic cylinder," Appl. Computat. Electromagn. Soc. J., Vol. 25, 444-449, 2010.
9. Ahmed, S. and Q. A. Naqvi, "Electromagnetic scattering from a chiral coated nihility cylinder," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 18, 41-50, 2010.
10. Naqvi, A., "Comments on waves in planar waveguide containing chiral nihility metamaterial," Opt. Comm., Vol. 284, 215-216, 2011.
11. Cheng, Q., T. J. Cui, and C. Zhang, "Waves in planar waveguide containing chiral nihility metamaterial," Opt. Comm., Vol. 276, 317-321, 2007.
12. Zhang, C. and T. J. Cui, "Negative reflections of electromagnetic waves in chiral media,", arXiv: physics/0610172.
13. Qiu, C. W., N. Burokur, S. Zouhdi, and L. W. Li, "Chiral nihility effects on energy flow in chiral materials," Opt. Soc. of Am. A, Vol. 25, 55-63, 2008.
14. Dong, J. F. and J. Li, "Guided modes in the chiral negative refractive index fiber," Chin. Opt. Lett., Vol. 8, 1032-1036, 2010.
15. Dong , J. F., "Guided and surface modes in chiral nihility fiber," Opt. Comm., Vol. 283, 532-536, 2010.
16. Dong, J., "Exotic characteristics of power propagation in the chiral nihility fiber," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 99, 163-178, 2009.
17. Dong, J., "Surface wave modes in chiral negative refraction grounded slab waveguides," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 95, 153-166, 2009.
18. Dong, J. F. and C. Xu, "Surface polarizatons in planar chiral nihility meta-material waveguides," Opt. Comm., Vol. 282, 3899-3904, 2009.
19. Naqvi, Q. A., "Planar slab of chiral nihility metamaterial backed by fractional dual/PEMC interface," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 85, 381-391, 2008.
20. Naqvi, A., S. Ahmed, and Q. A. Naqvi, "Perfect electromagnetic conductor and fractional dual interface placed in a chiral nihility medium," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 24, No. 14-15, 1991-1999, 2010.
21. Illahi, A. and Q. A. Naqvi, "Study of focusing of electromagnetic waves reflected by a PEMC backed chiral nihility reflector using Maslov's method," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 7, 863-873, 2009.
22. Maab, H. and Q. A. Naqvi, "Surface wave modes in PEMC backed chiral slab," Opt. Comm., Vol. 283, 2536-2546, 2010.
23. Waqas, M., M. Faryad, and Q. A. Naqvi, "Analysis of high frequency field of perfect electromagnetic conductor (PEMC) parabolic reflector placed in homogenous chiral medium," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 22, No. 14-15, 1931-1941, 2008.
24. Lindell, I. V. and A. Sihvola, "Electromagnetic boundary and its realization with anisotropic metamaterial," Phys. Rev. E, Vol. 79, No. 026604, 2009.
25. Lindell, I. V. and A. Sihvola, "Circular waveguide with DB boundary Conditions," IEEE Trans. on Micro. Theory and Tech., Vol. 58, 903-909, 2010.
26. Lindell, I. V. and A. Sihvola, "Electromagnetic boundary conditions defined in terms of normal field components," IEEE Trans. on Ant. and Propag., Vol. 58, 1128-1135, 2010.
27. Lindell, I. V., H.Wallen, and A. Sihvola, "General electromagnetic boundary conditions involving normal field components," IEEE Ant. and Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 8, 877-880, 2009.
28. Sihvola, A., H. Wallen, and P. Yla-Oijala, "Scattering by DB spheres," IEEE Ant. and Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 8, 542-545, 2009.