This paper proposes a new design of coplanar waveguide dual-band bandstop filter (DBBSF) with center frequencies at 1.8 GHz and 2.8 GHz. A lumped element model of four series-connected parallel LC resonators are derived, then implemented using compact CPW resonators patterned in the center conductor. The measured and simulated responses are in good agreement which validates the design.
2. Uchida, H. , H. Kamino, K. Totani, N. Yoneda, M. Miyazaki, Y. Konishi, S. Makino, J. Hirokawa, and M. Ando, "Dual-band-rejection filter for distortion reduction in RF transmitters," IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 52, No. 11, 2004.
3. Hettak, K. , N. I. Dib, A.-F. Sheta, and S. Toutain, "A class of novel uniplanar series resonators and their implementation in original applications," IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 46, No. 9, 1270-1276, 1998.
4. Ansoft Designer User's Guide, Ansoft Corporation, , 2000, www.ansoft.com.
5. IE3D User's Manual, Release 12, , Zeland's Software, Inc., 2005, www.zeland.com.
6. HFSS User's Guide, Release 13, , Ansoft Corporation, 2011, www.ansoft.com.