In this paper, a microstrip circuit structure for a K-Band Wilkinson power divider is presented. The designed power divider is composed of two-step taper stubs based on empirical equations. The symmetry of this circuit allows a half circuit analysis through looking at the odd- and even-model excitations. To demonstrate its performance, the proposed Wilkinson power divider has been fabricated and tested. Results show that the measured insertion loss is less than 0.3 dB and that the output reflection, input reflection and isolation are better than 16 dB, 22 dB, 16 dB, respectively, in the frequency range from 18 GHz to 27 GHz.
2. Wu, Y. , Y. Liu, S. Li, C. Yu, and X. Liu, "Closed-form design method of an N-way dual-band Wilkinson hybrid power divider," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 101, 97-114, 2010.
3. Wang, D. , H. Zhang, T. Xu, H. Wang, and G. Zhang, "Design and optimization of equal split broadband microstrip Wilkinson power divider using enhanced particle swarm optimization algorithm," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 118, 321-334, 2011.
4. Wu, Y. and Y. Liu, "An unequal coupled-line Wilkinson power divider for arbitrary terminated impedances," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 117, 181-194, 2011.
5. Li , B., X. Wu, N. Yang, and W. Wu, "Dual-band equal/unequal Wilkinson power dividers based on coupled-line section with short-circuited stub ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 111, 163-178, 2011.
6. Chiang, C.-T. and B.-K. Chung, "Ultra wideband power divider using tapered line," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 106, 61-73, 2010.
7. Wu, Y. , Y. Liu, and Q. Xue, "An analytical approach for a novel coupled-line dual-band Wilkinson power divider," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 1, 2010.
8. Rizzi, P. A., "Microwave Engineering Passive Circuits," Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, Vol. 153, 271, 1988.
9. Mishekar-Syahkal , D. and J. B. Davies, "Accurate analysis of tapered planar transmission lines for microwave integrated circuits," Microwave Theory and Techniques, 123-128, 1981.
10. Collin , R. E., Field Theory of Guided Waves, 2nd Ed., 16, IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society, 1960.