In this paper, on the basis of proposing a novel complementary split-ring resonator (CSRR) using Koch fractal curve, a bandpass filter based on such a new structure is designed To validate the designing method. Transmission characteristics and reflection characteristics of the presented filter are given by both software simulation and experiment measurement. Consistent results have confirmed the design concept and excellent performance of the new structure and indicated that the proposed filter has a low insertion loss a high selectivity and small size.
2. Chen, H. and Y.-X. Zhang, "A novel and compact UWB bandpass filter using microstrip fork-form resonators," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 77, 273-280, 2007.
3. Mandal, M. K. and S. Sanyal, "Compact wideband bandpass filter," IEEE Microwave Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 16, 46-49, 2006.
4. Veselago, V. G., "The electrodynamics of substances with simultaneously negative values of ε and μ," Sov. Phys. Usp., Vol. 10, No. 4, 509-514, 1969.
5. Smith, D. R., W. J. Padilla, D. C. Vier, S. C. Nemat-Nasser, and S. Schultz, "Composite medium with simultaneously negative permeability and permittivity," Phys. Rev. Lett., Vol. 84, 4184-4187, 2000.
6. Chen, W.-L., "Investigations into the applications of fractal geometry in microwave engineering,", A Dissertation Submitted to Air Force Engineering University in Candidacy for Degree of Doctor of Philosophy, Xi'an, Dec. 2008.
7. Baena, J. D., R. Marques, F. Medina, and J. Martel, "Artificial magnetic metamaterial design by using spiral resonators," Phys. Rev. B, Vol. 69, 014402(1)-(5), 2004.
8. Dai , G. and M. Xia, "Novel miniaturized bandpass filters using spiral-shaped resonators and window feed structures," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 100, 235-243, 2010.
9. Chen , H. , L. Ran, J. Huangfu, X. Zhang, and K. Chen, "Lefthanded materials composed of only S-shaped resonators," Phys. Rev. E, Vol. 70, 057605(1)-(4), 2004.
10. Wang, D. , L. Ran, H. Chen, M. Mu, J. A. Kong, and B.-I. Wu, "Experimental validation of negative refraction of metamaterial composed of single side paired S-ring resonators," Appl. Phys. Lett., Vol. 90, 254103(1)-(3), 2007.
11. Falcone, F., et al., "Effective negative-ε stopband microstrip lines based on complementary split ring resonators," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 14, No. 6, 280-282, 2004.
12. Liu, J.-C. , H.-C. Lin, and B.-H. Zeng, "Complementary split ring resonators with dual mesh-shaped couplings and defected ground structures for wide pass-band and stop-band BPF design," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 10, 19-28, 2009.
13. Selga, J. , F. Aznar, A. Velez, M. G. J. Bonache, and F. Martin, "Low-pass and high-pass microwave filters with transmission zero based on metamaterial concepts," IEEE International Workshop on Antenna Technology, 1-4, 2009.
14. Kim, J.-H., I.-K. Kim, J.-G. Yook, and H.-K. Park, "A slow-wave structure with Koch fractal slot loops," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 34, No. 2, 87-88, 2002.
15. Crnojevic'-Bengin, V. and V. R. B. Jokanovic, "Fractal geometries of complementary split-ring resonators," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 56, No. 10, 2312-2321, 2008.
16. Lim, J. , J. Lee, J. Lee, S.-M. Han, D. Ahn, and Y. Jeong, "A new calculation method for the characteristic impedance of transmission lines with modified ground structures or perturbation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 106, 147-166, 2010.
17. Wu, G.-L. , W. Mu, X.-W. Dai, and Y.-C. Jiao, "Design of novel dual-band bandpass filter with microstrip meander-loop resonator and CSRR DGS," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 78, 17-24, 2008.
18. Zhang, J. , J.-Z. Gu, B. Cui, and X. W. Sun, "Compact and harmonic suppression open-loop resonator bandpass filter with tri-section SIR," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 69, 93-100, 2007.
19. Velazquez-Ahumada, M. D. C. , J. Martel-Villagr, F. Medina, and F. Mesa, "Design of band-pass filters using stepped impedance resonators with floating conductors," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 105, 31-48, 2010.