In this paper, we introduce a new non-uniform memory access (NUMA) acceleration algorithm for parallel finite-difference time-domain (FDTD) method on NUMA architecture workstation. We compare the performance of parallel FDTD method with and without the NUMA acceleration technique. An ideal test case and an engineering example show that the NUMA acceleration technique can efficiently improve the computing performance of FDTD parallel applications.
2. Garcia, S. G., F. Costen, M. Fernandez Pantoja, L. D. Angulo, and J. Alvarez, "E±cient excitation of waveguides in Crank-Nicolson FDTD," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 17, 27-38, 2010.
3. Cao, D.-A. and Q.-X. Chu, "FDTD analysis of chiral discontinu-ities in waveguides," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 20, 19-26, 2011.
4. Ai, X., Y. Han, C. Y. Li, and X.-W. Shi, "Analysis of dispersion relation of piecewise linear recursive convolution FDTD method for space-varying plasma," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 22, 83-93, 2011.
5. Jensen, M. A. , A. Fijany, and Y. Rahmat-Samii, "Time-parallel computational strategy for FDTD solution of Maxwell's equations," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symp., Vol. 1, 380-383, 1994.
6. Guiffaut, C. and K. Mahdjoubi, "A parallel FDTD algorithm using the MPI library," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, Vol. 43, No. 2, 94-103, 2001.
7. Yu, W., R. Mittra, T. Su, Y. Liu, and X. Yang, "Parallel Finite Difference Time Domain Method," Artech House, MA, 2006.
8. Taflove, A. and S. Hagness, Computational Electromagnetics: The Finite-di?erence Time-domain Method, 3rd Ed., Artech House,MA, , 2005.
9. Jagasia, H., "Performance guidelines for developers on AMD AthlonTM 64 and OpteronTM ccNUMA multiprocessor systems running Microsoft Windows," Advanced Micro. Devices, 2006.
10. Broquedis, F., N. Furmento, B. Goglin, R. Namyst, and P.-A. Wacrenier, "Dynamic task and data placement over NUMA architectures: An OpenMP runtime perspective," 5th International Workshop on OpenMP, IWOMP 2009, Ser. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 5568, 79-92, Springer, Dresden, Germany, Jun. 2009.
11. McCurdy, C. and J. S. Vetter, "Memphis: Finding and fixing NUMA-related performance problems on multi-core platforms," Proceedings of ISPASS 2010, 87-96, 2010.