P4 polyphase code is well known in microwave pulse compression technique. There are different reduction techniques to reduce the sidelobes of P4 code. This paper presents a new sidelobe reduction technique which its results are excellent. To valid our work, other sidelobe reduction techniques such as Woo filter and modified forms of Woo filter are investigated and compared with the technique presented in this paper. Results show that the method introduced in this paper produces better peak side lobe ratio (PSL) and integrated side lobe ratio (ISL) than other solutions.
2. Chan, Y. K. and V. C. Koo, "An introduction to synthetic aperture radar (SAR)," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 2, 27-60, 2008.
3. Chan, Y. K. and S. Y. Lim, "Synthetic aperture radar (SAR) signal generation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 1, 269-290, 2008.
4. Skolnik, M., Introduction to Radar System, 2nd Ed., McGraw-Hill, New York, 1980.
5. Peace, P. E., Low Probability of Intercept Radar, Artech House, Boston, 2004.
6. Lewis, B. L., F. F. Kretschmer, and Jr., "A new class of polyphase pulse compression codes and techniques," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic System, Vol. 17, No. 3, 364-372, May 1981.
7. Lewis, B. L., F. F. Kretschmer, and Jr., "Linear frequency modulation derived polyphase pulse compression codes," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic System, Vol. 17, 637-641, Sep. 1982.
8. Kretschmer, F. F. and B. L. Lewis, "Doppler properties of polyphase coded pulse compression waveforms," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic System, Vol. 19, No. 4, 521-531, Jul. 1983.
9. Lewis, B. L., "Range sidelobe reduction technique for FM derived polyphase codes," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic System, Vol. 29, No. 3, Jul. 1993.
10. Kretschmer, Jr., F. F. and L. R. Welch, "Sidelobe reduction techniques for polyphase pulse compression codes," IEEE International Radar Conference, 416-421, 2000.
11. Lee, W. and H. Griffith, "A new pulse compression technique generating optimal uniform range side lobe and reducing integrated sidelobe level," IEEE International Radar Conference, 441-446, 2001.
12. Kumaria, M., K. Rajarajeswari, and K. Krishna, "Low sidelobe pattern using Woo filter concepts," Elsevier Int. J. Electron. Commun., 499-501, 2005.
13. Jamil, M., H. J. Zepernick, and M. I. Pettersson, Performance assessment of polyphase pulse compression codes, IEEE Int. Symp. on Spread Spect. Techn. and Appl., 161-165, Bologna, Italy, Aug. 2008.
14. Lee, W. and H. Griffith, "Pulse compression filters generating optimal uniform range sidelobe level," Electron. Lett., Vol. 35, 873-875, 1999.