In this hybrid combined time domain (TD) and frequency domain (FD) approach, one can generate the early-time response using the method of marching-on-in-time (MOT) and use the method of moment (MOM) to generate the middle-frequency response, as the low frequency data may be unstable. The early-time and the middle-frequency data provide the missing low and high frequency response and the late-time response, respectively. Generation of a wide-band response using partial information of the TD data and FD data has been accomplished by the use of the continuous and discrete Laguerre functions.
2. Rao, M. M., T. K. Sarkar, R. S. Adve, T. Anjali, and J. F. Callejon, "Extrapolation of electromagnetic responses from conducting objects in time and frequency domains," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 47, No. 10, Oct. 1964-1974, 1999.
3. Rao, M. M., T. K. Sarkar, T. Anjali, and R. S. Adve, "Simultaneous extrapolation in time and frequency domains using Hermite expansions," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 47, No. 6, 1108-1115, Jun. 1999.
4. Sarkar, T. K. and J. Koh, "Generation of a wide-band electromagnetic response through a Laguerre expansion using early-time and low-frequency data," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 50, No. 5, 1408-1416, May 2002.
5. Yuan, M., T. K. Sarkar, B. H. Jung, Z. Ji, and M. Salazar-Palma, "Use of discrete Laguerre sequences to extrapolate wide-band response from early-time and low-frequency data," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 52, No. 7, 1740-1750, Jul. 2004.
6. Yuan, M., A. De, T. K. Sarkar, J. Koh, and B. H. Jung, "Conditions for generation of stable and accurate hybrid TD-FD MoM solutions," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 54, No. 6, 2552-2563, Jun. 2006.
7. Poularikas, A. D., The Transforms and Applications Handbook, 2nd Ed., Chap. 1, 2, 5, 6, 15, CRC Press and IEEE Press, 2000.
8. Arnold, C. R., Laguerre functions and the Laguerre network --- Their properties and digital simulation, Technical note: 1966-28, Lincoln Laboratory, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, May 1966.
9. Masnadi-Shirazi, M. A. and N. Ahmed, "Optimum Laguerre networks for a class of discrete-time systems," IEEE Trans. Signal Process., Vol. 39, No. 9, 2104-2108, Sep. 1991.
10. Watkins, D. S., Fundamentals of Matrix Computation, 3rd Ed., Chap. 4, Wiley, Washington State, 2010.
11. HOBBIES (high order basis based integral equation solver), http://www.em-hobbies.com/.