This paper presents a compact microstrip-fed slot antenna with triple-frequency operation. The proposed antenna structure consists of a cross-shaped microstrip feed line and multiple open-ended slots on the ground plane. By properly selecting shapes and dimensions of these embedded slots, the triple-resonance situations at 2.4/3.5/5.8GHz are obtained. Meanwhile, the cross-shaped feedline with shorting pin makes a joint benefit to adjust the matching condition and impedance bandwidth. The numerical and experimental results exhibit the designed antenna operates over triple frequency ranges and covers numbers of useful frequency bands for present wireless communication systems. In addition, acceptable radiation characteristics are obtained over the operating bands.
2. Song, Y., Y.-C. Jiao, H. Zhao, Z. Zhang, Z.-B. Weng, and F.-S. Zhang, "Compact printed monopole antenna for multiband," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 50, No. 2, 365-367, 2008.
3. Wang, C., Z.-H. Yan, P. Xu, J.-B. Jiang, and B. Li, "Trident-shaped dual-band CPW-fed monopole antenna for PCS/WLAN applications," Electron. Lett., Vol. 47, No. 4, 231-232, 2011.
4. Ren, X.-S., Y.-Z. Yin, W. Hu, and Y.-Q. Wei, "Compact tri-band rectangular ring patch antenna with asymmetrical strips for WLAN/WIMAX applications ," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 24, No. 13, 1829-1838, 2010.
5. Li, Z.-Q., C.-L. Ruan, L. Peng, and X.-H. Wu, "Design of a simple multi-band antenna with a parasitic C-shaped strip," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 24, No. 14-15, 1921-1929, 2010.
6. Chen, W.-S. and K.-Y. Ku, "Band-rejected design of the printed open slot antenna for WLAN/WiMAX operation," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 56, No. 4, 1163-1169, 2008.
7. Song, K., Y.-Z. Yin, and B. Chen, "Triple-band open L-slot antenna with a slit and a strip for WLAN/WiMAX applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 22, 139-146, 2011.
8. Zhu, L., R. Fu, and K.-L. Wu, "A novel broadband microstrip-fed wide slot antenna with double rejection zeros," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propagat. Lett., Vol. 2, 194-196, 2003.
9. Huang, C.-Y. and E.-Z. Yu, "A slot-monopole antenna for dual-band WLAN applications," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propagat. Lett., Vol. 10, 500-502, 2011.
10. Liu, W.-C., C.-M. Wu, and Y. Dai, "Design of triple-frequency microstrip-fed monopole antenna using defected ground structure," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 59, No. 7, 2457-2463, 2011.
11. Liu, W.-C., C.-M. Wu, and N.-C. Chu, "A compact CPW-fed slotted patch antenna for dual-band operation," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propagat. Lett., Vol. 3, 110-113, 2010.