In this paper, the problem of predicting far field magnitude from near field measurements of an equipment under test (EUT) is studied. Firstly, a multiple magnetic dipole model is developed to simulate the magnetic behavior of the EUT. The parameters of the model (dipoles positions and magnetic moments) are calculated using the values of the near field applying the Particle Swarm Optimization (PSO) algorithm. For the evaluation of the method, extended simulations were conducted, producing theoretical values and distorting them with noise, and then the developed algorithm was used to create the proper model. Finally, the theoretical results are compared to the field assessments the proper models produced.
2. Nara, T. , S. Suzuki, and S. Ando, "A closed-form formula for magnetic dipole localization by measurement of its magnetic field and spatial gradients," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 42, No. 10, 3291-3293, Oct. 2006.
3. Song, H., J. Chen, D. Zhou, D. Hou, and J. Lin, "An equivalent model of magnetic dipole for the slot coupling of shielding cavity," 8th International Symposium on Antennas, Propagation and EM Theory, ISAPE 2008, 970-973, Nov. 2-5, 2008.
4. Junge, A. and F. Marliani, "Prediction of DC magnetic fields for magnetic cleanliness on spacecraft," 2011 IEEE International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), 834-839, Aug. 14-19, 2011.
5. Endo, H., T. Takagi, and Y. Saito, "A new current dipole model satisfying current continuity for inverse magnetic field source problems," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 41, No. 5, 1748-1751, May 2005.
6. Mehlem, K. and A. Wiegand, "Magnetostatic cleanliness of spacecraft," 2010 Asia-Pacific Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility (APEMC), 936-944, Apr. 12-16, 2010.
7. Mikki, S. M. and Y. M. M. Antar, "Near-field analysis of electromagnetic interactions in antenna arrays through equivalent dipole models," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 60, No. 3, 1381-1389, Mar. 2012.
8. Ciamak, A. and H. Jurgen, "Real-time ECG emulation: A multiple dipole model forelectrocardiography simulation,", Studies in Health Technology and Informatics, 142:7 9, PMID: 19377101, 2009.
9. Pan, S., J. Kim, S. Kim, J. Park, H. Oh, and J. Fan, "An equivalent three-dipole model for IC radiated emissions based on TEM cell measurements," 2010 IEEE International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), 652-656, Jul. 25-30, 2010.
10. Zhang, Y.-J., S.-X. Gong, X. Wang, and W.-T. Wang, "A hybrid genetic-algorithm space-mapping method for the optimization of broadband aperture-coupled asymmetrical U-shaped slot antennas," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 24, No. 16, 2139-2153, 2010.
11. Wang, J., B. Yang, S. H. Wu, and J. S. Chen, "A novel binary particle swarm optimization with feedback for synthesizing thinned planar arrays," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 25, No. 14-15, 1985-1998, 2011.
12. Rahmat-Samii, Y., "Genetic algorithm (GA) and particle swarm optimization (PSO) in engineering electromagnetics," 17th International Conference on Applied Electromagnetics and Communications, ICECom 2003, 1-5, Oct. 1-3, 2003.
13. Ali, F. A. and K. T. Selvan, "A study of PSO and its variants in respect of microstrip antenna feed point optimization," Asia Pacific Microwave Conference, APMC 2009, 1817-1820, Dec. 7-10, 2009.
14. Nanbo, J. and Y. Rahmat-Samii, "Advances in particle swarm optimization for antenna designs: Real-number, binary,single-objective and multiobjective implementations," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 55, No. 3, 556-567, Mar. 2007.
15. Elgallad, A., M. El-Hawary, W. Phillips, and A. Sallam, "PSO-based neural network for dynamic bandwidth re-allocation [power system communication]," 2002 Large Engineering Systems Conference on Power Engineering, LESCOPE 02, 98-102, 2002.
16. Kennedy, J. and R. Eberhart, "Particle swarm optimization," Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks, Vol. 4, 1942-1948, Nov./Dec. 1995.