A compact multimode bandpass filter with low insertion loss, high stopband rejection and wide stopband bandwidth is introduced by using cascaded multimode resonators and compact loading cells in combination. The measured minimum insertion loss is of 1.7dB including the connector loss in the input and output ports in the passband of 5.7~8 GHz. Through the use of cascaded multimode resonators, steep skirt selectivity and wide stopband up to 18 GHz can be achieved. When incorporated with the lowpass loading cells, which have elliptical low-pass response by using the source-load coupling, the stopband of the proposed filter can be further extended up to 40 GHz, with only negligible influence on the passband performance.
2. Huang, X.-G., Q.-Y. Feng, and Q.-Y. Xiang, "High selectivity broadband bandpass filter using stub-loaded quadruple-mode ," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 26, No. 1, 34-43, 2012.
3. Wang, L. and B.-R. Guan, "Compact and high selectivity dual-band bandpass filter using nested dual-mode defected ground structure resonators," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 26, No. 4, 549-559, 2012.
4. Lee, J. R. , J. H. Cho, and S. W. Yun, "New compact bandpass filter using microstrip λ/4 resonators with open stub inverter," IEEE Microwave and Guided Wave Letters, Vol. 10, 526-527, Dec. 2000.
5. Mondal, P. and M. K. Mandal, "Design of dual-band bandpass filters using stub-loaded open-loop resonators," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 56, 150-155, Jan. 2008.
6. Kuo, Y. T., "Analytical design of two-mode dual-band filters using E-shaped resonators," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 60, 250-260, Feb. 2012.
7. Hong, J.-S. and M. J. Lancaster, Microstrip Filters for RF/Microwave Applications, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2001.
8. Sagawa, M. , K. Takahashi, and M. Makimoto, "Miniaturized hairpin resonator filters and their application to receiver front-," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 37, 1991-1996, Dec. 1989.
9. Ma, K. , K. S. Yeo, J.-G. Ma, and M. A. Do, "An ultra-compact hairpin band pass filter with additional zero points," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Lett., Vol. 17, 262-264, Apr. 2007.
10. Ma, K. , J.-G. Ma, K. S. Yeo, and M. A. Do, "A compact size coupling controllable filter with separated electric and magnetic coupling paths," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 54, No. 3, 1113-1119, Mar. 2006.
11. Awai, I., A. C. Kundu, and T. Yamashita, "Equivalent-circuit representation and explanation of attenuation poles of a multimode dielectric-resonator bandpass filter," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 46, 2159-2163, Dec. 1998.
12. Zhu, L. , P. Wecowski, and K. Wu, "New planar multimode filter using cross-slotted patch resonator for simultaneous size and loss reduction," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 47, No. 5, 650-654, May 1999.
13. Hong, J.-S. and M. J. Lancaster, "Microstrip triangular patch resonator filters," IEEE MTT-S Int. Symp. Dig., 331-334, 2000.
14. Zhu, L., S. Sun, and W. Menzel, "Ultra-wideband (UWB) bandpass filters using multiple-mode resonator," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Lett., Vol. 15, No. 11, 796-798, Nov. 2005.
15. Ma, K. , K. C. B. Leong, R. M. Jayasuriya, and K. S. Yeo, "A wideband and high rejection multimode bandpass filter using stub perturbation," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Lett., Vol. 19, 24-26, Jan. 2009.
16. Shaman, H. and J.-S. Hong, "A novel ultra-wideband (UWB) bandpass filter (BPF) with pairs of transmission zeroes," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Lett., Vol. 17, No. 2, 121-123, Feb. 2007.
17. Hsieh, L.-H. and K. Chang, "Compact elliptic-function low-pass ¯lters using microstrip stepped-impedance hairpin resonators," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 51, No. 1, 193-199, Jan. 2003.
18. Bastioli, S. , C. Tomassoni, and R. Sorrentino, "A new class of waveguide dual-mode filters using TM and nonresonating," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Tech., Vol. 58, No. 12, 3909-3917, Dec. 2010.