A time-domain approach for distortion analysis of electromagnetic eld senors is developed in Laguerre functions subspace. Using Laguerre convolution preservation property, it is proved that every electromagnetic eld sensor corresponds to an equivalent discrete-time LTI system. The equivalent discrete-time system is compared to a reference system as a measure of distortion. Further, this analysis may be performed repeatedly to obtain a bandwidth-limited distortion characteristic. The method is employed to compare the distortion characteristic of an asymptotic conical dipole (ACD) to wire monopoles of various lengths. A time-domain simulation is performed in order to nd the distortion characteristics by solving an electric eld integral equation (EFIE) using the method of moments (MoM).
2. Metwally, I. A., "D-dot probe for fast-front high-voltage measurement," IEEE Trans. Instrumentation and Measurement, Vol. 59, No. 8, 2211-2219, Aug. 2010.
3. Weber, T. and J. L. Ter Haseborg, "Measurement techniques for conducted HPEM signals," IEEE Trans. Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 46, No. 3, 431-438, Aug. 2004.
4. Shumpert, T., M. Honnell, and G. Lott, "Measured spectral amplitude of lightning sferics in the HF, VHF, and UHF bands," IEEE Trans. Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 24, No. 3, 368-369, 1982.
5. Sarathi, R. and G. Koperundevi, "UHF technique for identification of partial discharge in a composite insulation under ac and dc voltages," IEEE Trans. Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, Vol. 15, No. 6, 1724-1730, Dec. 2008.
6. Lamensdorf, D. and L. Susman, "Baseband-pulse-antenna techniques," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, Vol. 36, 20-30, Feb. 1994.
7. Carro, P. and J. De Mingo, "Ultrawide-band antenna distortion characterization using Hermite-Gauss signal subspaces," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 7, 267-270, 2008.
8. Saboktakin, S. , B. Kordi, and , "Time-domain distortion analysis of wideband electromagnetic field sensors using Hermite-Gauss orthogonal functions," IEEE Trans. Electromagnetic Compatibility, 2011, doi:10.1109/TEMC.2011.2170997.
9. Kinoshita, Y. and O. Ohta, "Continuous-time system identification using compactly-supported filter kernels generated from Laguerre basis functions," 49th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), 4461-4466, Dec. 2010.
10. Iohvidov, I. S., "Hankel and Toeplitz Matrices and Forms Algebraic Theory," Birkhiuser, Boston, 1982.
11. Baum, C. E., "An equivalent-charge method for defining geometries of dipole antennas," Sensor and Simulation Notes, Vol. 72, 1969.
12. Miller, E. K. , A. J. Poggio, and G. J. Burke, "An integro-differential equation technique for the time-domain analysis of thin wire structures," Journal of Computational Physics, Vol. 12, 24-48, 1973.
13. Budke, G., "On a convolution property characterizing the Laguerre functions," Monatshefte fur Mathematik, Vol. 107, 281-285, 1989.
14. Szego, G., "Orthogonal Polynomials," American Mathematical Society Providence, New York, 1939.
15. Loomis, L. H., "A short proof of the completeness of the Laguerre functions," Bulletin of the American Mathematical Society, Vol. 50, No. 6, 386-387, 1944.
doi: --- Either ISSN or Journal title must be supplied.