In this paper, we propose a new kind of broadband microwave gain equalizer in microstrip circuit. The equalizer uses open stepped impedance resonators (SIRs) to increase the adjust parameters so that the equation curve can be more flexible. Simplified topology of the gain equalizer is used to make the match net easier. The power distribute on each resistance is analyzed and the error analysis of the resistance values is done. Finally we design and manufacture a gain equalizer, and the measured results show that the equalization curve meets requirements well and proves that this structure is practical and effective.
2. Shandas, M. K., "2 to 18 GHz, MPM-based high-power transmitter suite for military airborne ECM applications," IEEE International Vacuum Electronics Conference, IVEC'09, 355-356, Apr. 2009.
3. Hargreaves, T. A., "A 1kW microwave power module for pulsed radar," IEEE International Vacuum Electronics Conference, IVEC'06, 177-178, 2006.
4. Nebuloni, L. and G. Orsenigo, "Microwave power module for space applications," IEEE Trans. Electron. Dev., Vol. 48, 88-94, 2001.
5. Zhang, Y., "Research on the millimeter wave power equalizer," IEEE 2007 International Symposium on Microwave, Antenna, Propagation, and EMC Technologies for Wireless Communications, 446-449, Aug. 2007.
6. Jihui, G. and Z. Yinxia, The design of coaxial microwave amplitude equalizer, 2008 China-Japan Joint Microwave Conference, 526-529, 2008.
7. Aeroflex/Inmet and M. I. Ann Arbor, "Adjustable mm-wave gain equalizers," Microwave Journal, Aug. 3, 2007.
8. Bacher, H., Microwave equalzier with coaxial cable resonant stubs , United States Patent.4153885, May 8, 1979.
9. Kampa, J., Microwave amplitude equalizer, 13th International Conference on Microwaves, Radar and Wireless Communications, Vol. 1, 37-40, 2000.
10. Zhou, T.-F., Y. Zhang, and R.-M. Xu, "Research on the millimeter wave gain equalizer," IEEE International Conference on Microwave Technology & Computational Electromagnetics (ICMTCE), 180-182, May 2011.
11. Microwaves 101.com, Parabolic gain equalizer, Oct. 16, 2005.
12. Microwaves 101.com, Gain equalizers, Jul. 4, 2011.
13. Silapunt, R. and D. Torrungrueng, "Theoretical study of microwave transistor amplifier design in the conjugately characteristic impedance transmission line (CCITL) system using a bilinear transformation approach," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 120, 309-326, 2011.
14. Khalaj-Amirhosseini, M., "Analysis of coupled or single nonuniform transmission lines using step-by-step numerical integration," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 58, 187-198, 2006.
15. Khalaj-Amirhosseini, M., "Analysis of coupled or single nonuniform transmission lines using taylors series expansion," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 60, 107-117, 2006.
16. Khalaj-Amirhosseini, M., "Analysis of periodic or aperiodic coupled nonuniform transmission lines using the Fourier series expansion," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 65, 15-26, 2006.
17. Khalaj-Amirhosseini, M., "Wideband or multiband complex impedance matching using microstrip nonuniform transmission lines ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 66, 15-25, 2006.
18. Mellor, D., On the design of matched equalizers of prescribed gain versus frequency profiles, IEEE MTT-S Int. Microwave Symposium, 308-311, San Diego, CA, Jun. 1977.
19. Pozar, D. M., Microwave Engineering, 3rd Ed., John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2005.
20. Makimoto, M. and S. Yamashita, Microwave Resonators and Filters for Wireless Communications-Theory and Design, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany, 2001.