The design and synthesis of quasi-elliptic triple-mode filter with three transmission poles and three transmission zeros are presented in this paper. The transfer and reflection filtering functions are obtained to get the even- and odd-mode admittance. The synthesized admittances give the even- and odd-mode networks, routing structure and coupling matrix of the filter. The microstrip prototype of the quasi-elliptic triple-mode filter is designed and realized to prove the feasibility of the approach. The filter is realized by having a capacitive coupling between the input and the output of a proposed triple mode resonator. The results show an excellent agreement with the theories.
2. Mo, S.-G., Z.-Y. Yu, and L. Zhang, "Design of triple-mode bandpass filter using improved hexagonal loop resonator," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 96, 117-125, 2009.
3. Kuo, J.-T., S.-C. Tang, and S.-H. Lin, "Quasi-elliptic function bandpass filter with upper stopband extension and high rejection level using cross-coupled stepped-impedance resonators," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 114, 395-405, 2011.
4. Rosenberg, U. and S. Amari, "Novel coupling schemes for microwave resonator filters," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 50, No. 12, 2896-2902, Dec. 2002.
5. Cameron, R. J., A. R. Harish, and C. J. Radcliffe, "Synthesis of advanced microwave filters without diagonal cross-couplings," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 50, No. 12, 2862-2872, Dec. 2002.
6. Cameron, R. J., "General coupling matrix synthesis methods for Chebyshev filtering functions," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 47, No. 4, 433-442, Apr. 1999.
7. Cameron, R. J., "Advanced coupling matrix synthesis techniques for microwave filters," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 51, No. 1, 1-10, Jan. 2003.
8. Shaman, H. and J.-S. Hong, "A novel ultra-wideband (UWB) bandpass filter (BPF) with pairs of transmission zeroes," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 17, No. 2, 121-123, Feb. 2007.
9. Shaman, H. and J.-S. Hong, "Input and output cross-coupled wideband bandpass filter," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 55, No. 12, 2562-2568, Dec. 2007.
10. Montejo-Garai, J. R., "Synthesis of N-even order symmetric filters with N transmission zeros by means of source-load cross coupling," Electronics Letters, Vol. 36, No. 3, 232-233, Feb. 3, 2000.
11. Amari, S., "Direct synthesis of folded symmetric resonator filters with source-load coupling," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 11, No. 6, 264-266, Jun. 2001.
12. Amari, S., U. Rosenberg, and J. Bornemann, "Adaptive synthesis and design of resonator filters with source/load-multiresonator coupling," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 50, No. 8, 1969-1978, Aug. 2002.
13. Cameron, R. J., C. M. Kudsia, and R. R. Mansour, Microwave Filters for Communication Systems, 207-242, New Jersey, USA, 2007.
14. Hunter, I. C., Theory and Design of Microwave Filter, The Institution of Engineering and Technology, London, UK, 2001.