A modified ultra-wideband (UWB) printed rectangular antenna fed by a microstrip line is proposed. Overall dimension of the antenna is as compact as 14 (0.2 λ) × 14 (0.2 λ) × 1 mm3 where λ is the wavelength of the first resonance of the antenna. The main features of the proposed antenna are its compact size and its filtering characteristic over WLAN band. Through adjusting the dimensions of the elements of the antenna, notch frequency in different ranges of the UWB can be obtained. The resulting VSWR<1.5 impedance bandwidth is between 3.6-9.6GHz. Antenna presents a stable gain and omnidirectional radiation pattern in its operational frequencies.
2. Rezaeieh, S. A. and M. Abbak, "A novel compact antenna enhanced with variable notches," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 54, No. 4, 946-949, Apr. 2012.
3. Rezaeieh, S. A. and M. Abbak, "A novel bear-head-shaped compact UWB monopole antenna enhanced with variable notch-bands," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 54, No. 3, 667-670, Mar. 2012.
4. Lee, J.-N., J.-K. Park, and S.-S. Choi, "Design of a compact frequency notched UWB slot antenna," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 48, No. 1, 105-107, Jan. 2006.
5. Liu, W.-C. and P.-C. Kao, "CPW-fed triangular antenna with a frequencyband notch function for ultra-wideband application," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 48, No. 6, 1032-1035, Jun. 2006.
6. Qu, X., S.-S. Zhong, and W. Wang, "Study of the band-notch frequency for a UWB circular disc monopole antenna," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 48, No. 8, 1667-1670, Aug. 2006.
7. Lin, Y.-C. and K.-J. Hung, "Compact ultrawideband rectangular aperture antenna and band-notched designs," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propag。, Vol. 54, No. 11, 3075-3081, Nov. 2006.
8. Pan, C.-J., C. Lee, C.-Y. Huang, and H.-C. Lin, "Band-notched ultrawideband slot antenna," Microwave Opt. Technol. Lett., Vol. 48, No. 12, 2444-2446, Dec. 2006.
9. Hong, C. Y., C. W. Ling, I. Y. Tarn, and S. J. Chung, "Design of a planar ultrawideband antenna with a new band-notch structure," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propag., Vol. 55, No. 12, 3391-3397, 2007.
10. Yin, K. and J. P. Xu, "Compact ultra-wideband antenna with dual bandstop characteristic," Electron. Lett., Vol. 44, No. 7, 453-454, 2008.
11. Zheng, Z. A. and Q. X. Chu, "A CPW-fed ultrawideband antenna with dual notched bands," Ultra-wideband IEEE ICUWB 2009 Conf, 645-648, Vancouver, Canada, Sep. 2009.
12. Deng, J. Y., Y. Z. Yin, S. G. Zhou, and Q. Z. Liu, "Compact ultrawideband antenna with tri-band notched characteristic," Electron. Lett., Vol. 44, No. 21, 1231-1233, 2008.
13. Li, W. T., X. W. Shi, and Y. Q. Hei, "Novel planar UWB monopole antenna with triple band-notched characteristics," IEEE Antennas Wirel. Propag. Lett., Vol. 8, 1094-1098, 2009.
14. Khaled, E. E. M., A. A. R. Saad, and D. A. Salem, "A proximity-FED annular slot antenna with different a band-notch manipulations for ultra-wide band applications," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 37, 289-306, 2012.
15. Rahmati, B. and H. R. Hassani, "Frequency notched wide band planar monopole antennas," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 9, 131-143, 2009.
16. Jiang, J.-B., Z.-H. Yan, and C. Wang, "A novel compact UWB notch-filter antenna with a dual-Y-shaped slot," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 14, 165-170, 2010.