In this paper, a new computation model of the shielding effectiveness (SE) is proposed in order to calculate the SE of blended electromagnetic shielding fabric (BESF) by some fabric structural parameters. Some computation equations of the SE for the BESF are given according to the theoretical deduction and previous experimental results. And then a shielding coefficient in the computation model is determined by further experiments. The linear region boundary for the model is introduced to segment the computation of the SE. Results show that the SE obtained from the proposed model is consistent with that from experiments and the error is less than 2%. It can be concluded that the proposed model can accurately calculate the SE of plain, twill and satin weaves fabrics.
2. Karimi , M. and F. E. Seraji, "Theoretical comparative studies of cross-section evaluation in erbium-doped optical fibers," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 23, 147-164, 2010.
3. Li, R., L. Zhang, and L. Jia, "Influence of fabric structural model on shielding effectiveness of electromagnetic radiation shielding fabric," Int. J. Modeling, Identification and Control, Vol. 11, 211-217, 2010.
4. Boyvat, M. and C. V. Hafner, "Molding the flow of magnetic field with metamaterials: magnetic field shielding," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 126, 303-316, 2012.
5. Ching, I. S. and T. C. Jin, "Effect of stainless steel-containing fabrics on electromagnetic shielding effectiveness," Textile Research Journal, Vol. 74, 51-54, 2004.
6. Jayasree, P. V. Y., V. S. S. N. S. Baba, B. Prabhakar Rao, and P. Lakshman, "Analysis of shielding effectiveness of single, double and laminated shields for oblique incidence of EM waves," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 22, 187-202, 2010.
7. Hakansson, E., A. Amie, and A. Kaynak, "Dielectric characterization of conducting textiles using free space transmission measurements: Accuracy and methods for improvement," Synthetic Metals, Vol. 157, 1054-1063, 2007.
8. Chau, Y. F., C. Y. Liu, H. H. Yeh, and D. P. Tsai, "A comparative study of high birefringence and low conFInement loss photonic crystal ¯ber employing elliptical air holes in fiber cladding with tetragonal lattice," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 22, 39-52, 2010.
9. Zhou, P., X. Wang, Y. Ma, K. Han, and Z. Liu, "Active phase locking of fiber amplifiers with 180 GHz ultrabroad linewidth," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 17, 145-152, 2010.
10. Shao, H., J. Hu, Z. P. Nie, G. Han, and S. He, "Hybrid tangential equivalence principle algorithm with MLFMA for analysis of array structures," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 113, 127-141, 2011.
11. Mao, Y., B. Chen, H. Q. Liu, J. L. Xia, and J.-Z. Tang, "A hybrid implicit-explicit spectral FDTD scheme for oblique incidence problems on periodic structures," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 128, 153-170, 2012.
12. Wu, G., X. Zhang, Z.Q. Song, and B.Liu, "Analysis on shielding performance of metallic rectangular cascaded enclosure with apertures," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 20, 185-195, 2011.
13. Qian, Z. and Z. J. Chen, Electromagnetic Compatibility Design and Interference Suppression Technology, Zhejiang University Press, Hangzhou, 2000.
14. Wang, X. C. and Z. Liu, "Shielding efficiency mathematics model on the electromagnetic shielding clothing," Journal of Textile Research, Vol. 29, 73-75, 2008.
15. Sun, R. J., K. Lai, and J. C. Zhang, "Suggestion on the test for electromagnetic shielding in the fabric for costume," Journal of Xian University of Engineering Science and Technology, Vol. 17, No. 2, 100-103, 2003.